Which gates at LGA

Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Which gates at LGA

Which gates does Delta use for their regional jets that may require taking a bus from the gate to the plane?

I recall two recent flights (one to Raleigh and the other to St. Louis) where we boarded a bus which drove us out to our CRJ something or other. I think i've experienced this in both Terminal C and D. I don't recall which gates they were. Does anyone know this?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:57 pm

D3 is a bus gate
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
D3 is a bus gate
That's the one... I dread seeing D3 as boarding is usually a cluster.....
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Is that the only gate?

Scheduled to fly LGA->SRQ in a couple of weeks on an E170. If the last3 days are an indication i wont have to take the bus for this. excellent
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:52 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
There are tons of E170 flights at LGA and they typically board from jet bridges, the bus gates are usually kept for the smaller CRJs and ERJs that have built-in stairs and are closer to the ground. No guarantee you won't get stuck at a bused gate, but it's not likely.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by injera
Is that the only gate?

Scheduled to fly LGA->SRQ in a couple of weeks on an E170. If the last3 days are an indication i wont have to take the bus for this. excellent
I didn't take a bus when I flew LGA-SRQ a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: DL PM
Regional jets that use the parking lot are D3, and I believe only D3, as it's set up specifically for handling multiple flights and is the most efficient way to do the buses (I hesitate to call a procedure that can regularly be referred to as a cluster f*** efficient)

I routinely flew CRJs in/out of LGA last year and some this year and more often (>75%) was using a regular gate. Parking lot on incoming is supposedly used part of the time for RJs that are early so that you can get parked and deplaned faster than waiting on your original gate. I've gotten from stopped to in a taxi in ~15 minutes with the RJ when they let you walk from the gate to the terminal. fwiw
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
I was there last week. We used a C gate inbound and D gate outbound, both on CRJ-700s.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
That's the one... I dread seeing D3 as boarding is usually a cluster.....
Did D3 used to be 5A? The one with no seating and 14 regional jets boarding within 5 minutes of each other at the same gate?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Did D3 used to be 5A? The one with no seating and 14 regional jets boarding within 5 minutes of each other at the same gate?
That's the one.

I used to think it was only a CR2/ER4/CR7 gate, but I've had a CR9 and an E70 from D3 in the last few weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.