Wiki Posts
Search

Earning skymiles on KL AMS-HAV?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold
Earning skymiles on KL AMS-HAV?

The Airfrance Accrual Chart explicitly excludes earning miles on flights to Havana: "Flights to/from Havana, Cuba (HAV) are not eligible", whereas the KLM chart does not contain an exclusion.

Does this mean I earn skymiles on a KL metal AMS-HAV flight?

(I contacted Delta but they didn't respond)

Last edited by routeburn; Sep 9, 2014 at 2:50 pm
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I'm pretty sure DL does not give mileage credit for any flight to/from Cuba.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:13 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by routeburn
The Airfrance Accrual Chart explicitly excludes earning miles on flights to Havana: "Flights to/from Havana, Cuba (HAV) are not eligible", whereas the KLM chart does not contain an exclusion.

Does this mean I earn skymiles on a KL metal AMS-HAV flight?

(I contacted Delta but they didn't respond)
Welcome to FT!

The terms and conditions for the SkyMiles program don't allow earning on flights where US carriers are not allowed to operate.

Mileage credit will not be given for the following:...Travel which U.S. carriers are prohibited from providing or facilitating under U.S. sanctions regulations or other applicable law.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...nditions.html#
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
So... what about today?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kthomas
So... what about today?
Did you click the link above?

SkyMiles credit (inclusive of mileage, MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs) will not be given for the following:
  • Travel to Cuba on partner-operated flights.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you click the link above?

SkyMiles credit (inclusive of mileage, MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs) will not be given for the following:
  • Travel to Cuba on partner-operated flights.
So, how about travel from Cuba on partner airlines?

(I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised that a four-year-old link still delivers relatively the same information, as DL's information architecture often leaves something to be desired).
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
So, how about travel from Cuba on partner airlines?

(I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised that a four-year-old link still delivers relatively the same information, as DL's information architecture often leaves something to be desired).
NO. There's still US sanctions against Cuba. US airlines can't verify the trip was in compliance when on a partner. Thus no credit.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
NO. There's still US sanctions against Cuba. US airlines can't verify the trip was in compliance when on a partner. Thus no credit.
Any why not? Travelling on a US passport-- sure, that's not necessarily the case-- we must fill out the same DoS form for AM flights, surely DL can co-ordinate with its partners. (And on a non-US passport, well, that's more complex; but again, it's purely a technical compliance issue, and not that hard).

Otherwise, I'm making purely an annoying, tedious, legalistic point. If DL does not exclude travel originating from Cuba in its language somewhere, then it should provide benefits and/or correct its language-- at its cost.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Any why not? Travelling on a US passport-- sure, that's not necessarily the case-- we must fill out the same DoS form for AM flights, surely DL can co-ordinate with its partners. (And on a non-US passport, well, that's more complex; but again, it's purely a technical compliance issue, and not that hard).

Otherwise, I'm making purely an annoying, tedious, legalistic point. If DL does not exclude travel originating from Cuba in its language somewhere, then it should provide benefits and/or correct its language-- at its cost.
It can't provide those benefits unless it's knows you're in legal compliance. What you're asking would cost thousands and risk of significant penalties. Also US sanctions apply regardless of passport. An EU citizen flying KLM to HAV would still need to comply with US sanctions before DL could give credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.