FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   WWYD? Lost pink tagged stroller (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1610644-wwyd-lost-pink-tagged-stroller.html)

apolloms Sep 6, 2014 5:30 pm

WWYD? Lost pink tagged stroller

Earlier this week was flying MCO-ATL-PHL booked on an A fare. Pink tagged our stroller at MCO and left it at the bottom of the jetway. Had a 42 min connection in ATL. Waited 15 min at the bottom of the jetway in ATL and finally asked someone to check on my pink tag when nothing came up. 10 min later they come back upstairs and say nothing was on the airplane. Ended up having to run to make the connection (sent the wife and baby on as soon as we deplaned so she was already on board). They closed the door right behind me to PHL with a lost stroller. When we got to PHL they said that it was loaded onto another flight as checked baggage. If I wanted my stroller checked to my final destination I would have checked it originally and not pink tagged it. We pink tagged it because we needed to use it. Instead it was delivered 9 hours after we landed. I wrote in on the 4th and still haven't heard anything back from DL.

PDXNRTLHR Sep 6, 2014 5:49 pm

Contact DeltaAssist. That must have been a pain. :(

javabytes Sep 6, 2014 5:50 pm

Bags don't always make it on planes. Yeah, it sucks. And you'd think with a pink tag they'd do better than with regular checked bags. I'd expect a handful of miles to be tossed your way by Delta CS. It's only been two days since you submitted your complaint. Average response is a couple of days, sometimes faster if you're a high tier Medallion. If you haven't gotten a response within a week, I'd follow up.

flyerCO Sep 7, 2014 4:43 pm

I think you may have misunderstood what the agent was meaning. From what you wrote I take it to mean that 1)for whatever reason the stroller didn't get loaded on your flight to ATL, 2)Since it didn't make it on the plane for whatever reason (the baggage handlers probably forgot to look and see if there was anything to load) they loaded (checked) it on the next flight to ATL, followed by to PHI. Regardless of if it's to be picked up at the gate or at baggage claim it's still considered checked baggage. Only difference is that in your case if everything worked like it's supposed to that you would have been given the stroller at the gate in ATL.

Agent didn't mean they intended for it to be checked all the way through, just that they checked it all the way through once they realized the mistake in MCO.

apolloms Sep 7, 2014 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 23489959)
I think you may have misunderstood what the agent was meaning. From what you wrote I take it to mean that 1)for whatever reason the stroller didn't get loaded on your flight to ATL, 2)Since it didn't make it on the plane for whatever reason (the baggage handlers probably forgot to look and see if there was anything to load) they loaded (checked) it on the next flight to ATL, followed by to PHI. Regardless of if it's to be picked up at the gate or at baggage claim it's still considered checked baggage. Only difference is that in your case if everything worked like it's supposed to that you would have been given the stroller at the gate in ATL.

Agent didn't mean they intended for it to be checked all the way through, just that they checked it all the way through once they realized the mistake in MCO.

the Delta tracking history had it loaded on our airplane in MCO. then unloaded and expedited on a later flight.

flyerCO Sep 7, 2014 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by apolloms (Post 23490157)
the Delta tracking history had it loaded on our airplane in MCO. then unloaded and expedited on a later flight.

That would have been an important fact to include above. Of course that doesn't mean they actually loaded it onto the plane and then took it off.

What that probably means is that the guy scanned the tag on the way down the stairs, set it on the belt, or in the baggage cart, forgot about it, and then realized it and had to "unload" it. It's doubtful it was ever on the plane from MCO.

Either way, it's a mistake DL should own up to. I'm betting a few miles and/or voucher.

apolloms Sep 9, 2014 6:50 pm

and still no reply from DL. PM on an A fare....good job DL

flyerCO Sep 9, 2014 7:04 pm

I find DL can take a few days to reply to issues. Calling in I know I'm going to get the same offer in general either 5k or 10k miles. I know if I write that while it will take longer to reply, that in general I'm going to get a better response.