Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats in BE on Delta 76W?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Best seats in BE on Delta 76W?

We're going to LHR from SEA next summer on DE 37, a 767-300. We'll be up front in BE.

Are any seats on this plane any more better or less better than others? I know some folks complain they're a bit on the cramped side (those folks probably have not spent much time in Y....). I'm not particularly large, and I'm primarily interested in comfort and the best chance for sleep.

I prefer a window seat, if only to peek at the sunrise/sunset, stars above, clouds and ocean below. Any rows to favor or avoid?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions you can offer.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Seats, '76w' worked as a search string for me. Some of the most recent postings speak to favorite BE seats.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Here are a few places to look. Seems to me there's a master fleet thread around here somewhere, but I can't find it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nesselite.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...330-300-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...=seats+767-300

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...67-300ER_A.php
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Well if you're going eastbound SEA-LHR, you'll want to sit on the right side of the plane in a D seat to have any shot at seeing the sunrise.

However, you say "we", which indicates you're traveling with at least one other person. The seat configuration is 1-2-1 so if you want to sit next to each other, you'll be in the center section and not near a window.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I'll be on the 76W next Tuesday for ATL-PDX. I will take some pictures of the BE cabin and seat and post here. Let me know if you want anything specific. I'll be in 7A.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Radiohead71
I'll be on the 76W next Tuesday for ATL-PDX. I will take some pictures of the BE cabin and seat and post here. Let me know if you want anything specific. I'll be in 7A.
Hopefully it stays an international version. I've had them sub in a domestic 767 before on this flight. Sucks when you think you'll be able to lay back and sleep and get on board to find out nope.

Anyway, for OP question - I'd take any seat on the 767 by the windows that has the table/desk/whatever you like to call it, on the outside. It makes you feel like you've got your own private area. The ones where it's on the inside by the window feel like you're exposed to the world.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG PLT75, Hyatt Diamond
For me, the odd numbered window seats are the best(e.g. 5A, 7D).

Reason: It feels more private, with the storage compartment shielding you from the aisle, as well as being right next to the window which I personally like a lot. Row 1 has more legroom for your feet but is pretty close to the galley and bathrooms.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold
I liked 7A for the 5 hour flight from ATL-PDX, but I'm not sure I would want it if I had to sleep in the seat. When folded flat, the seat had next to no room for arms and my feet barely had any room and I'm only 5'8". Very comfortable with seat upright/partially reclined, but the opposite when folded flat in bed mode.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Best seats in Business on Delta's TATL 767?

My and the wife will be flying from the US west coast to LHR and back, in June, on Delta's 767-300. I'm looking for recommendations for optimal seats.

I *generally* prefer to sit by a window. We don't necessarily need to be seated next to each other - proximity is nice, but I think we would rather be on the "window" rows in front of/behind each other rather than right next to each other in the center two.

From most of the feedback I've seen on seatguru, these seats all get pretty low marks for comfort (lots of complaints about narrowness and mummy-like foot cubbies). We're not particularly large. I am hoping to get some sleep. For me, it's all about the comfort and being able to snooze.

Right now we're in 1D and 2D. I've heard conflicting opinions about the first row. The seating is pretty wide open, so we can probably choose almost any seats. Which do you prefer?

Thanks for any input.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Greetings. I do not like 1D. For some reason because of the bulkhead, and the way the video screen is configured, it makes the space even tighter. I believe the screen intrudes into the space. It is hard to describe but, after having flown in many other seats, it was very noticeable to me. There are several versions of the 767, and I do not know if they are all the same with 1D. I avoid it on all. I would move back a row on either side.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I prefer odd numbered windows because the console is between the seat and the aisle.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by rwoman
I prefer odd numbered windows because the console is between the seat and the aisle.
+1

Apart from that seat selection is irrelevant
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
+1

Apart from that seat selection is irrelevant
While I agree about odd numbered seats, my mother is old and she has a much easier time with the even numbered seats with the console between the seat and the window. It is easier for her to get in and out.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rwoman
another vote for the odd-numbered windows
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I've flown the 767 in BE a gazillion times. The absolute best seats are any of the ones in the first row and its for the very simple reason that you get tons more leg room. Yes, its close to the galley and there have been reports that it gets a little noisy, but once meal service concludes, there is very little in the way of noise. The closeness to the lavs is of little concern to. Its far enough away that you don't hear a thing. So, end of story...look no further then row 1. Plus your first off the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.