Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear ATL A17 SkyClub Bar Staff

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite

I'm sorry your schedule wasn't posted yesterday before you left work for the day

I'm sorry your boyfriend was complaining the gas bill was too high and it's your fault

I'm sorry boss isn't professional and doesn't have people skills

I could go on and on....but as a paying member of the SkyClub I have to say what's unprofessional is hearing you and other members of the team stand at the bar and loudly complain about everything........it's not like I was seated at the bar, I was seated a good 30 feet away so if I could hear your constant complaining I'm sure the other 20 guests in this area did too - I understand life can be difficult at time, but please be professional and share these "water cooler" discussions in an employee only area, not in front of the guests

Sign

the a paying guest
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by socrates
I'm sorry your schedule wasn't posted yesterday before you left work for the day

I'm sorry your boyfriend was complaining the gas bill was too high and it's your fault

I'm sorry boss isn't professional and doesn't have people skills

I could go on and on....but as a paying member of the SkyClub I have to say what's unprofessional is hearing you and other members of the team stand at the bar and loudly complain about everything........it's not like I was seated at the bar, I was seated a good 30 feet away so if I could hear your constant complaining I'm sure the other 20 guests in this area did too - I understand life can be difficult at time, but please be professional and share these "water cooler" discussions in an employee only area, not in front of the guests

Sign

the a paying guest
Sadly I see this way too often in ATL...
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
As I was a service worker in university, I generally tip well. However, when the staff are unprofessional, or act as if my request for a mixed drink is a pain, they're not getting anything from me.

Last edited by PDXNRTLHR; Sep 5, 2014 at 7:41 am Reason: Forgot a few important words
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!

If it makes you feel any better, the TSA agent in DCA this morning said that she ," can't wait till I get the F#<K up outta here today" while I was waiting in line. Very professional peeps insuring our safety today too.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: DL GM
Your complaints are more likely to be heard, and possibly addressed, if you deliver them directly to the offending party or their manager. Ranting anonymously in Internet forums is a futile exercise.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Originally Posted by WWGuy
Your complaints are more likely to be heard, and possibly addressed, if you deliver them directly to the offending party or their manager. Ranting anonymously in Internet forums is a futile exercise.
Disagree. I believe there are "people of status" that read these flyertalk forums and hopefully can make those needed changes/actions. It's my understanding that employees in the skyclub, working bars and cleaning up etc., are not Delta employees, so hopefully, a statement of fact herein can bring about action.

I do believe that Delta airlines personnel read these forums, so hopefully they will and can effect change. No one needs that negativity in a skyclub or anywhere. I've heard it and I'm sure many others have also.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Slightly OT, but I was positively impressed earlier this week by the new bartender in the ATL F SC. He's a young guy and told me that Tuesday morning was his first day in F (which seems to be his permanent location), but earlier he had been training at A17. I'm a bit surprised that the luxury bar in F doesn't get a more experienced person, but he seemed to have a very good attitude. (He saw me getting water and asked whether he could get some ice for my glass, which seems to be a good sign; he didn't seem to be just looking for a tip.)
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Slightly OT, but I was positively impressed earlier this week by the new bartender in the ATL F SC. He's a young guy and told me that Tuesday morning was his first day in F
I haven't been in the F club this week but I have always been impressed by the bartenders in that SC. If I am looking for an area to get some work done in the F SC, I'll go upstairs but if I'm just passing time, I often will sit at the bar in there and talk with the bartenders. I've always found them to be very personable, very willing to help in any way, etc. Did you happen to catch his name? I'll have to watch out for the unfamiliar new guy next time I'm in that lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Slightly OT, but I was positively impressed earlier this week by the new bartender in the ATL F SC. He's a young guy and told me that Tuesday morning was his first day in F (which seems to be his permanent location), but earlier he had been training at A17. I'm a bit surprised that the luxury bar in F doesn't get a more experienced person, but he seemed to have a very good attitude. (He saw me getting water and asked whether he could get some ice for my glass, which seems to be a good sign; he didn't seem to be just looking for a tip.)
A positive comment? what's wrong with you - there's no place for that here....
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
ATL SkyClubs Personnel Consistently Disappoint

I completely agree with Socrates and the original post.

As a frequent patron of the ATL SkyClubs, I can honestly say that they are by far the worst in the network. I won't waste my time and energy (or yours!) in recounting the countless examples of unprofessional behavior I've witnessed in these clubs over the years. Complaints to management have yielded nothing more than 'cut and paste' responses.

Last edited by iwandertheglobe; Sep 5, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
<.....>
Sign

the a paying guest
The real shocker is that you are paying to be in there. If you are a Diamond or have one of the AMEX cards where admission is a perk, then you might as well use it. There is no way I would pay to go in one of those dumps anymore. This is from someone who had CR/SC access for more than a decade.

The once-proud service staff is now outsourced contract labor (this is probably who you were hearing) and the once cracker-jack agents (especially in ATL) took early retirement buyouts one by one leaving only lesser experienced folk who essentially read delta.com to you.

Your complaint sounds valid, however, but I would be sure that you direct it to DL directly.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by iwandertheglobe
I completely agree with Socrates and the original post.

As a frequent patron of the ATL SkyClubs, I can honestly say that they are by far the worst in the network. I won't waste my time and energy (or yours!) in recounting the countless examples of unprofessional behavior I've witnessed in these clubs over the years. Complaints to management have yielded nothing more than 'cut and paste' responses.
FWIW, I find ATL F/E/T to be amongst the best clubs in the network (along with DTW/MSP main clubs). Would you really prefer LGA/LAX/SFO?

I can not think of any issue with their service, I go to the bar and they get me a drink as soon as it is my turn. What else is there?
Originally Posted by keeton
The real shocker is that you are paying to be in there. If you are a Diamond or have one of the AMEX cards where admission is a perk, then you might as well use it. There is no way I would pay to go in one of those dumps anymore. This is from someone who had CR/SC access for more than a decade.
Agree completely. The SC is certainly not worth $50, or even the discounted $25. One could just hang out at some airport bar/pub/restaurant and pay about the same (or a tad more) and get real food and drinks.(
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by lking
Disagree. I believe there are "people of status" that read these flyertalk forums and hopefully can make those needed changes/actions. It's my understanding that employees in the skyclub, working bars and cleaning up etc., are not Delta employees, so hopefully, a statement of fact herein can bring about action.

I do believe that Delta airlines personnel read these forums, so hopefully they will and can effect change. No one needs that negativity in a skyclub or anywhere. I've heard it and I'm sure many others have also.
So that would go something like:
"I read on the internet that you were having a conversation about your personal life and someone who says they were CO and NW elite complained because they overheard you."

Seriously? If you have a formal complaint, or praise, voice it through the formal feedback mechanisms that DL and every other service-oriented company has in place. I've done it several times- both positive and negative - and have always gotten a personalized, written response (even when I don't check the 'request response' box.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:51 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by elmococker
If it makes you feel any better, the TSA agent in DCA this morning said that she ," can't wait till I get the F#<K up outta here today" while I was waiting in line. Very professional peeps insuring our safety today too.
"You and the rest of your coworkers could leave immediately and I'd be very happy. No need to come in tomorrow, either!"
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by lking

You're kidding yourself if you think vague complaining on a message board is better than contacting a company directly with precise info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.