FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   LHR SkyTeam lounge: food hours (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1607462-lhr-skyteam-lounge-food-hours.html)

PDXNRTLHR Aug 31, 2014 8:40 am

LHR SkyTeam lounge: food hours

I'm taking the 7:10am flight from LHR-CDG in a few months. I know the SkyTeam lounge opens at 5am, but was wondering if anyone knew what time they started serving food, especially hot food (full English). Thanks!

rwoman Aug 31, 2014 10:20 am

It might not all be out that early but you should be okay. Downstairs is usually better supplied that early in the morning. :)

pbarnette Aug 31, 2014 12:38 pm

Do they actually serve a full English breakfast? It has been a while since I've been there, but I'd think you would be better off at the pub outside if that is what you want.

rwoman Aug 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 23452759)
Do they actually serve a full English breakfast? It has been a while since I've been there, but I'd think you would be better off at the pub outside if that is what you want.

Yes, they do. :) Although the tomatoes are not usually grilled very well.

PDXNRTLHR Aug 31, 2014 3:06 pm

I've had it before; it's not fantastic, but free is a very good price!

Thanks, rwoman. If there's not much, I'll have a pastry on the plane, and will try to grab something on my layover at CDG.

pbarnette Aug 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR (Post 23453253)
I've had it before; it's not fantastic, but free is a very good price!

At the risk of picking on you, this is why I take such a dim view of reviews of lounge food. Free trumps any question of quality... Sure, you could spend five quid for a real breakfast, but why when we could try to scratch out a one quid meal because, well, it is FREE! Enjoy your breakfast. I genuinely hope you (one day) reach the point in your career where you can afford five quid for breakfast.

PDXNRTLHR Aug 31, 2014 5:48 pm

I can afford a meal, and am willing to pay for it when I'd have the chance to enjoy it. However, oftentimes when I'm flying, I don't have much time to sit, relax, and enjoy the meal. I would rather spend the money on something that I would enjoy.

In this particular case I'd like to get through security at the break of dawn and have access to something decent I can eat immediately without having to wait for service before heading to the gate. It's not all about the money....

elitetraveler Aug 31, 2014 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 23453675)
At the risk of picking on you, this is why I take such a dim view of reviews of lounge food. Free trumps any question of quality... Sure, you could spend five quid for a real breakfast, but why when we could try to scratch out a one quid meal because, well, it is FREE! Enjoy your breakfast. I genuinely hope you (one day) reach the point in your career where you can afford five quid for breakfast.

Since it's evident you find lounge food so poor and without value, why do you always comment on threads about food? @:-) Is it to put other people down? :confused:

While there is lots of unhealthy food in lounges, it's the same in fine dining with use of butter, cream, salt, etc. where you profess to be so knowledgable.

Outside of U.S. carrier lounges -- most alliance lounges and European, Middle East and Asian airlines offer a nice assortment of healthy options such as salads, cereal and fresh fruit for breakfast and hot and cold offerings the rest of the day. Even DL has made a nice improvement and AA's model is a pretty decent menu - just on a pay for basis.

I am curious what were you trying to contribute to FT from your post?

PDXNRTLHR Sep 1, 2014 4:01 am

[And for anyone else who thinks I'm just a cheapskate and thinks I should WBBB (want breakfast, buy breakfast), my statement that "free is a very good price" was lighthearted.] :)