Wiki Posts
Search

Useless Award Engine

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Useless Award Engine

Can anyone explain this search engine for useless Sky Pesos.

Looking for seats ATL-GIG in November. I select Flexible dates and it gives me a calendar which shows Green Saver Awards. I select those dates and it comes back to me with 77,500 even thought I am selecting Saver Green Awards.

The correct total should be 60,000?? So how do I get it to give me the correct information.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Award calendar has been broken since the beginning of time and DL doesn't care.

There are threads on this forum going into detail about how to find saver awards, but bottom line it involves searching by schedule segment by segment, date by date, until you finally manage to piece together what you want, or fail to find what you want, or give up in frustration.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
70,000 miles IS the lowest award. Truth in advertising.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:11 am
Original Poster

NO IDEA what you are looking at . 30,000 each way pretty clear to me???
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by kapkap46
NO IDEA what you are looking at . 30,000 each way pretty clear to me???
30K each way based on Round Trip pricing of 60K is correct. We see availability on Nov 9th in Economy. If you have a return date we can try looking that up for you as well.

Or you could always try searching on our website but it would have to be day by day (as we don't have a calendar functionality).
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Award calendar has been broken since the beginning of time and DL doesn't care.
Yes, but the unscrupulous liars in SkyMiles marketing are again promising that DL's not-too-bright IT practitioners will again attempt to fix this piece of crap.

Perhaps outsourcing to Bangalore is in the offing.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RewardFlyer
30K each way based on Round Trip pricing of 60K is correct. We see availability on Nov 9th in Economy. If you have a return date we can try looking that up for you as well.

Or you could always try searching on our website but it would have to be day by day (as we don't have a calendar functionality).
Thanks for the offer but I found seats and booked in 30 seconds on UA. Have to change planes but as usual no aggravation booking awards.

UA keeps pushing me to DL because of their useless Asia routes Climb over BC seating and make believe jets ( RJ's)

But then DL reminds me why I was giving my business to UA in the first place.

Never have any problem finding Economy reward seats almost anywhere in the world(which I give to family and friends) mainly because of Star Alliance which of course makes DL's alliance look like a joke.

Why can't there be an airline out there that ticks all the boxes.

I know I am a DREAMER!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.