Search

Original mileage credit?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Original mileage credit?

Complicated situation.

I'm currently on a delta status challenge and short on 6000miles for completion. Originally slated to fly hkg to sea today. My CX flight is delayed going into HKG by 5 hours and I'm going to misconnect.

Now Cathay is offering to put me onto either CX metal or SC metal on to my final destination. Long shot here, but will my originally booked ticket miles post? Or SOL here?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not going to happen. Think of all the mileage runners that would simply no show and then use ORC to get the miles.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:19 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
Not going to happen. Think of all the mileage runners that would simply no show and then use ORC to get the miles.
Wouldn't it depend on who issued the ticket?

I an envisioning the OP flying something like BKK-HKG on CX and HKG-SEA-XXX on DL, all on the same reservation. If DL issued the ticket I would be working with them to re-route me either via another carrier or DL metal. If another carrier, Delta should allow for ORC. Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
CX is not a SkyTeam partner, so it is unlikely that the CX flight was on a Delta reservation. Delta would not give ORC for a missed connection caused by a non-partner airline.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:54 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
CX is not a SkyTeam partner, so it is unlikely that the CX flight was on a Delta reservation. Delta would not give ORC for a missed connection caused by a non-partner airline.
I have booked CX on a Delta reservation (as well as S9, BR, TG, AY, UA, AA etc.). All can be booked on DL stock either by calling Delta or booking through an agent.

But in thinking about this a bit more since CX is the cause of the original delay, they are the ones responsible for onward travel. Only if DL issued the ticket would the OP have any hope of getting ORC.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by TTT
I have booked CX on a Delta reservation (as well as S9, BR, TG, AY, UA, AA etc.). All can be booked on DL stock either by calling Delta or booking through an agent.

But in thinking about this a bit more since CX is the cause of the original delay, they are the ones responsible for onward travel. Only if DL issued the ticket would the OP have any hope of getting ORC.
Even if booked via DL, would these flights earn DL RDM/MQMs?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:12 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwoman
Even if booked via DL, would these flights earn DL RDM/MQMs?
The OAL segments would not earn miles, but the DL segments would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.