Wiki Posts
Search

Miles never posted to SU for a friend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG PLT75, Hyatt Diamond
Miles never posted to SU for a friend

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience...

My buddy flew on a DL itinerary in early July, while having his Aeroflot Bonus number registered on the boarding pass. He remembers this because he saw that he showed up as an Elite+.

For whatever reason, he never checked if the miles hit his AB account for a while and only realized today that the miles never posted. He contacted AB and they told them that they need his boarding passes for verification, which of course he no longer had.

He reached to me for advice and I gave DM line a buzz, since it was my suggestion that he flies DL on that route(TATL, with a US segment). The agent was very polite and tried her best, which included a 5 minute call to SkyMiles, but they said that since this ticket was flown more than 30 days ago, there was nothing they can do. Despite the fact that she can clearly see that his AB number was, in fact, registered on the reservation.

In theory, I see where my friend went wrong by waiting so long to check and, potentially, by throwing out his BP when traveling on another carrier BUT isn't it Delta's responsibility to actually send the miles over to Aeroflot? I would be surprised if it was Aeroflot unwilling to accept the confirmation for one of their elites but, of course, nothing would shock me with that program.

With everything said above, has anyone had a similar situation? Its about 17K MQMs that he is leaving on the table and I wonder if anything else can be done. I suggested an email confirm from Delta that he, in fact, boarded and flew those segments but they kind of brushed it off and said that there is simply nothing they can do because he waited so long.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:48 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Good luck getting SU to help on this as they do not have the best costumer service to say the least... If SU does not help i would try to credit the flight to delta as worst case
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG PLT75, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Good luck getting SU to help on this as they do not have the best costumer service to say the least... If SU does not help i would try to credit the flight to delta as worst case
Totally agree but I was more wondering what options I have with Delta. Since it was entirely their operation, which also had my friend's AB numbered confirmed in the reservation, isn't there something else that could be done from their side? Even to issue a letter confirming that said passenger did, in fact, fly those segments?

Without any additional confirmation/support from DL, I am afraid that he is stuck with SU customer service - yikes.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:59 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
No way anything delta issues can work hmm i got an idea try the BBB and file a complaint via the american branch of Aeroflot that might work.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: SU
The error is on the Aeroflot end. I have caught three mistakes in my Aeroflot Bonus account this year when flying AF or Delta. This last case it has taken over two months to resolve. Their customer service is ridiculous. I would ask Delta to send a letter of confirmation that the SU account was linked to the tickets. Then forward that via email to their "bonus" reps. Email is the best way with Aeroflot because it is tracked in their systems and any rep can see it.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andrito
....The agent was very polite and tried her best, which included a 5 minute call to SkyMiles, but they said that since this ticket was flown more than 30 days ago, there was nothing they can do. Despite the fact that she can clearly see that his AB number was, in fact, registered on the reservation.....
What number was in the reservation doesn't matter. The FFP number can be changed before boarding which I have done a number of times. The important thing is what is on the boarding pass. I don't know if you can request DL to research and confirm what FFP number is linked to upon boarding.

It is critically important to save your boarding pass if you credit to partner airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.