Jeff Robertson moving to new role...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Jeff Robertson moving to new role...

Delta Air Lines News (@DeltaNewsroom)
8/15/14, 11:56 AM

SkyMiles chief architect takes new role overseeing @Delta product, experience bit.ly/1qcC0Un

"...Jeff’s dedication to customers continues in his new role as vice president – Product Development, Delta Sky Clubs and Marketing Communications..."
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:56 pm

Next on the chopping block of cost cutting!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Yup, "dedication to customers". This video says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh9nD9IBkhg
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:23 pm
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Slippery Jeff.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Soon to be 7 dollars for the bud/miller lite...
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:57 pm
Suspended

After years as a PLT before Diamond --- it was the degradation of SM that chased me away and made DL a choice of last resort. If DL was closer to AA or BA I would pretty much be mainly DL.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by mspflier
Delta Air Lines News (@DeltaNewsroom)
8/15/14, 11:56 AM

SkyMiles chief architect takes new role overseeing @Delta product, experience bit.ly/1qcC0Un

"...Jeff’s dedication to customers continues in his new role as vice president – Product Development, Delta Sky Clubs and Marketing Communications..."

"After eight years leading the team that has made Delta SkyMiles what it is today..." True... but that's nothing to brag about.

"Jeff’s dedication to customers..." If customers means wall Street stock analysts.

“To be successful, we have to be in tune with the demands of our customer base, and especially our elite members, whose needs I have come to understand very well over the years.” The source of those recurrent... Yes, we've made another negative change to SkyMiles because our customers have asked for it.

"While leading SkyMiles, Jeff frequently engaged customers for feedback..." I know that I find it difficult to respond to all of his e-mails requesting input.

"Improved the Million Miler program" How? What did I miss?

Originally Posted by blug
Yup, "dedication to customers". This video says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh9nD9IBkhg
It's painful to watch.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
So many things to say about JR, unfortunately they will all get me booted from FT.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles KM (Charter Member)
Six years after that video, award calendar still broken.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
He looks like a young kid in the video. A few years of SkyMiles has aged him....or maybe the problem was having to deal with us KMs when the best he could do was to create DM.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Nooooo! What (Jeff R.) and his team did to the SkyMiles program was painful.

Now, to the DL product dev. Delta SkyClub and Marketing Com. wasn't there a cable show called 'Nip and Tuck'?

This is gonna be painful as DL slides even lower or race down to the bottom. Then again... how far until DL reaches the bottom.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BogusRogus
Six years after that video, award calendar still broken.
+1
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
"Improved the Million Miler program" How? What did I miss?
Yeah, I'm kind of drawing a blank on that one unless going from lifetime to complimentary annual is an enhancement.

David
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So the C-level execs at DL are grooming Jeff of SkyMiles management infamy for more senior positions and protecting him from any potential negative fallout from the "revenue-based" SkyMiles transition?

Take this kind of move as a sign that he has sufficient internal fans in DL HQ such that his customer-unfriendly SkyMiles changes aren't going to disappear anytime soon.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
As Ronald Reagan once asked, "are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" I say no as far as Delta is concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.