Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Match/Challenge: No Response

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Marriott

Hello All,

I'm trying to begin a Delta Status Match/Challenge from United. I'm not incredibly happy with the level of service out of SEA, and rarely am able to fly in Alaska so Delta seems like the best bet. I emailed both [email protected] and [email protected] with a copy of my Mileage Plus statement and I have not gotten a response.

Am I contacting the incorrect people? I'm currently on a Delta trip and really wanted this trip and my next 4 planned trips to be on this challenge. I have one more flight booked, but if I am not getting any response I don't know if this airline is worth sitting in the back of the bus in a middle seat for.

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Air Canada Elite 75k, National Emerald Executive Elite, Hertz PC
My friend status matched a month ago with Delta and the response time was 10 days.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you also fill out the web form?

http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...atch/index.jsp
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you also fill out the web form?

http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...atch/index.jsp
Sure did a week ago. I guess maybe my expectation for response was too high? I figured they would jump to get high value fliers given the recent devaluation of their program.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: UAPlatinum/* gold, United Club, KE 'morning calm'/skyteam elite
Im in exactly the same boat as you; I just called them and they said that they DO send a confirmation email, but usually it takes approx. 7 business days to get it, AND that theyre currently behind in those emails....
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum
I did one last year, sent my request in on 8/27/ 2013 and got the response back on 9/12/2013 (so 16 days, 10 of which were business days, for me).

Good luck with the challenge whenever you do end up getting it.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gtslow
Sure did a week ago. I guess maybe my expectation for response was too high? I figured they would jump to get high value fliers given the recent devaluation of their program.
What is your status level with UA (and what types of tickets do you use?) and what level of status challenge did you request from DL? Depending on the details, your request could be routine for DL or it could require higher level approvals.

BTW, if you're a HVC, then the DL program changes shouldn't be viewed as a devaluation for you.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What is your status level with UA (and what types of tickets do you use?) and what level of status challenge did you request from DL? Depending on the details, your request could be routine for DL or it could require higher level approvals.

BTW, if you're a HVC, then the DL program changes shouldn't be viewed as a devaluation for you.
Currently 1k on United. Rarely purchase 1st unless unless it is a last minute flight but I don't do mileage runs or cheap fares. I would have easily cleared the 1k spending requirements for United this year. I didn't see any options to request a match to diamond, but I don't think that is policy. Was hoping to be matched to Platinum.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
I submitted mine on August 3, and also have not heard back. Combing back through the relevant threads, it seems one or two weeks is normal (they did say it would be 7-14 business days), but there are also periods where they got behind. I'm just hoping to hear before 9/1.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Currently 1k on United. Rarely purchase 1st unless unless it is a last minute flight but I don't do mileage runs or cheap fares. I would have easily cleared the 1k spending requirements for United this year. I didn't see any options to request a match to diamond, but I don't think that is policy. Was hoping to be matched to Platinum.
Does UA match people to GS or even 1K? DL DM is 125,000 status miles versus only 100,000 for UA 1K.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Delta loves HSCs. I don't see a problem for you getting Plat.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by PVDProf
I submitted mine on August 3, and also have not heard back. Combing back through the relevant threads, it seems one or two weeks is normal (they did say it would be 7-14 business days), but there are also periods where they got behind. I'm just hoping to hear before 9/1.
Matched Plat was available online tonight. I was able to select EC seats on one of my booked flights--but EC was full on the other .
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:05 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I got a challenge to 1k so yeah
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDProf
Matched Plat was available online tonight. I was able to select EC seats on one of my booked flights--but EC was full on the other .
Was really hoping to get matched today or tomorrow so I can get out of a middle seat and into economy comfort for tomorrow.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I got a challenge to 1k so yeah
I would think 1k would be a downgrade from Delta diamond. No free lounge access. Unless you fly out of a United hub I don't know if I would be looking to switch. The eats at the lounge are pretty bad and the only flights that I have had wifi on have been on Airbus jets which I try to avoid like the plague.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.