Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
This is a most disturbing development.
Agreed. That was my big excitement for going to the new club at T4 in two weeks. Bummer.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:52 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Looks pretty good, worth the membership a year? I have no idea....
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
Looks pretty good, worth the membership a year? I have no idea....
How many breakfasts and glasses of cheap wine are worth $600? Only you can answer that.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
And then they touch the furniture or me with those sticky little hands....and of course their mommies and daddies never offer to pay the cleaning bills for the damage done by their offspring.
When an adult accidentally spills something in the SC should DL give them a bill for the cleaning?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Not As disturbing as the biscoff going away
true
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by stencil
How many breakfasts and glasses of cheap wine are worth $600? Only you can answer that.
There are lot of other benefits besides the food.

If you have a delayed or cancelled flight or get to the airport early to try to get on an earlier flight and get stuck on your original flight, the Skyclub can be more relaxing than the concourse now that there are fewer people due to the guesting changes. I have had at least five flights cancel or delay this year, and instead of having to deal with the diamond desk or wait in a long line to be rebooked, I was able to see the availability on EF for alternate flights and the SC rebooked me without waiting in a long line, sometimes directly into first class.

I have no problems as a diamond with the $150 extra charge to add guesting rights (I wish they still had the couples membership) seeing it keeps crowds under control.

My wife's preferred drink is a double Bailey's on the rocks. Seeing that drink was $14 for at least the past year, if someone flies weekly that amounts to $728. She would never pay that, but if she would, the membership would pay for itself right there.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
This thread is so hilarious. Only on FT can a GOOD thing be turned into a complaining session.

Nobody is saying the SkyClub is turning into Ruth's Chris, but in my book being able to get an egg for breakfast and maybe a small salad or cheesecake for lunch/dinner is a positive development....incidentally one I didn't have yesterday and paid no extra for tomorrow
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Yes - hard to make sarcasm come across on printed page
Hey, I'm likely to use PP for that other F lounge at ATL to get my cheese fix. Too bad their house wine is as bad as what DL SCs have.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're happy with a Starbucks/Caribou/Cinnebon breakfast for under $10, you would need to use the SC more than once a week. OTOH, there are day passes and the $29 single entry with a DL AmEx card, which would amount to about 21 visits.

However, this January I was stranded in an airport waiting for the last flight of the night which was delayed by about six hours. The SC stayed open past closing time for a handful of us, with the lead dragon constantly checking on the status of our inbound aircraft. Priceless!

When an adult accidentally spills something in the SC should DL give them a bill for the cleaning?
I think I'm an adult and even if I spill something accidentally on someone else or someone else's property, I offer to pay for the cleaning. It's only right.

If the adult person was careless, DL should certainly bill them. Why should all other SC users implicitly pay for their spills?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:59 pm

I just recently signed up for the Delta Gold Credit Card and will use the $50 statement credit to visit the lounge.

Anyways it would be nice if Delta offered made to order Breakfast Burritos, Omelet Bar in the mornings. Make your own Deli Wraps(With tortillas) Lunch/Dinner Burritos with Carne Asada, Chicken or Cheese and Beans etc.

Also have a Build your own Nacho Bar.

They could also offer Falafel Pita and Humus, Pita Chips with Humus, Greek Salad with Olives Artichoke Hearts .

For Desert they could offer Crepes, Eli's Cheesecake, Warm Baked Cookies like Toll House(in a bag like the Double Tree serves).

I like the Baileys Irish Creme but to take it one step further have an Ice Cream Sundae Bar with Ben and Jerries Ice Cream, Ciao Bella Gelato and Wow Cow Frozen Yogurt with all the fixins.

Would people come knowing there were these options? Heck I would join Delta SkyClub if they offered real food.

I was in Mexico City at the KLM Air France Lounge and they had really good food an Espresso Bar and a real bar with premium drinks. The attendants would come around and bring you drinks.

If Delta offered a relaxation station with massage chairs, and a place to sleep during a layover alll the more reason to join.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent

With a user name like "Harlem," you have real bagels available nearby. I'm jealous.
I am lucky - I do have access to real bagels. So it's such a disappoint each time I go to the SC and see bread, shaped like a bagel. I get my hopes up and then am reminded that cream cheese on bread really doesn't taste that good.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
This thread is so hilarious. Only on FT can a GOOD thing be turned into a complaining session.

Nobody is saying the SkyClub is turning into Ruth's Chris, but in my book being able to get an egg for breakfast and maybe a small salad or cheesecake for lunch/dinner is a positive development....incidentally one I didn't have yesterday and paid no extra for tomorrow
Aside from the alcohol changes that were made last year, the only bad things I see coming out of this is the nutrella and the Biscoff are going bye bye.

I think the guesting changes is a true enhancement that most people like. The additional food options are all additions, nothing is being taken away other than the Biscoff and the Nutrella.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The new offering looks like an improvement. My big gripe is the lack of protein. Even the Greek yogurt has lots of added sugar.

When visiting a lounge I want to grab some caffeine, a snack and get some work done...or if in the evening have a beverage and relax.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
The new offering looks like an improvement. My big gripe is the lack of protein. Even the Greek yogurt has lots of added sugar.

When visiting a lounge I want to grab some caffeine, a snack and get some work done...or if in the evening have a beverage and relax.
Possibly they could serve Lifeways or Trader Joes Kefir and Olikos or Fage Greek Yogurt in different flavors.

Or if they really wanted to spruce things up they could serve the Mango Carrot, Strawberry Greek Yogurt smoothies Starbucks serves through Evolution Juice.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's $450, not $600. Unless you are thinking of the executive membership level (which is actually $695).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.