Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

50,000 bonus miles for Delta Gold / Platinum Sky Miles American Express Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 bonus miles for Delta Gold / Platinum Sky Miles American Express Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:14 am
Original Poster

This is a limited time offer open to everyone:

50K Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex and 60k/10k MQM Platinum Delta SkyMiles Amex

Delta Gold SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express:
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 in purchase on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- 2X Miles for every eligible dollar spent on Delta purchases, and 1X miles for each eligible dollar spent for all other purchases.
- Delta Sky Club Access Reduced fee access for Card Member + two guests.
- There are no fees for foreign transactions made with your Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card

Delta Platinum SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express:
- $195 Annual Fee
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn a $100 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- 2X Miles for every eligible dollar spent on Delta purchases, and 1X miles for each eligible dollar spent for all other purchases.
- Miles BoostSM, Earn 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MQMs after you spend $25,000 or more in eligible purchases on the Card in a calendar year. Earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MQMs after you spend $50,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in a Calendar year for a total of 20,000 bonus miles and 20,000 MQMs.
- There are no fees for foreign transactions made with your Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card.

Last edited by milesking; Oct 13, 2015 at 8:36 am
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by milesking
This is a limited time offer through Sept 8 and is NOT targeted. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product. Please private message me if you are interested in a referral to apply online and earn the following offers:

- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 in purchase on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- There are no fees for foreign transactions made with your Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card

- $195 Annual Fee
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn a $100 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Miles BoostSM, Earn 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MQMs after you spend $25,000 or more in eligible purchases on the Card in a calendar year. Earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MQMs after you spend $50,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in a Calendar year for a total of 20,000 bonus miles and 20,000 MQMs.
- There are no fees for foreign transactions made with your Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card.
I called last night and the 50K/15K offer was specifically mentioned as not available.

I was offered 35K/15K which totaled 50K miles.

Can you clarify which is the correct incentive?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583
I called last night and the 50K/15K offer was specifically mentioned as not available.

I was offered 35K/15K which totaled 50K miles.

Can you clarify which is the correct incentive?
The offer is 50K, not 35K or 30K that are publically offered.

Last edited by milesking; Aug 13, 2014 at 10:56 am Reason: Misspelling
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:59 pm

The offer is 50K, not 35K or 30K that are pubically offered.
I applied less than 24 hours ago. Can I cancel that application (35K/15K) and reapply for the 50K?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Can one apply for both cards (Gold and Platinum) and get both bonus offers?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:55 pm

Just applied for the Delta Gold SkyMiles Credit Card as soon as I got the email since my intentions were to wait for the 50K. I was approved on the spot at the end of the application (which I thought was odd). Card will arrive in 7-10 days and I will have the opportunity to gain 50K Delta Miles.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:03 pm

if I had the Gold card (canceled more than two years ago), can i still get 50K this time?

I do definitely plan on applying for the platinum version (never had platinum before, only one gold, which was canceled more than two years ago)..... I am pretty close to gold medallian.... i need the 15K MQM.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:17 pm

This is a limited time offer through Sept 8 and is NOT targeted. Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product. Please private message me if you are interested in a referral to apply online and earn the following offers:

- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 in purchase on your new Card in your first 3 months.

- $195 Annual Fee
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
Got a phone number or POID?

Called into AMEX tonight and the rep had no info on this offer.

Edit: Nevermind. Called in to another agent and they were familiar with the current offer, no POID needed. They were able to take my pending application from Monday and apply the current promotional incentives to it.

Last edited by aww3583; Aug 12, 2014 at 8:39 pm Reason: Update
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
if I had the Gold card (canceled more than two years ago), can i still get 50K this time?

I do definitely plan on applying for the platinum version (never had platinum before, only one gold, which was canceled more than two years ago)..... I am pretty close to gold medallian.... i need the 15K MQM.
I applied for the gold card (50K + $50) in March 2014 and just applied for the platinum card (45K +15K + $100) on 8/3/14. I completed the spending requirement on 8/6 and the bonus miles posted on 8/11.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I had a Platinum card years ago that I upgraded to Reserve, will that work?

Update: Called and confirmed that I could get bonus, they don't show ever having the PL card, approved online and approved. fyi - rep said this was from marketing and she couldn't see the offer...

Last edited by JBJ2435; Aug 14, 2014 at 3:21 pm
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The offer is 50K, not 35K or 30K that are pubically offered.
How much do you earn for each person who applies through your referral link?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How much do you earn for each person who applies through your referral link?
At the time it wasn't public, now it appears it is. Anyone who wants the link, I appreciate it, however, the offer is the same either way.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
A ten-year member with four posts, three in this thread? Welcome to Flyertalk, milesking!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDProf
A ten-year member with four posts, three in this thread? Welcome to Flyertalk, milesking!
Lots of looking, but thanks PVDProf!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:15 pm
Suspended

What purchases qualify for the $50 statement credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.