Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Opinions on just how "tight" the Delta 76W J seat is?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on just how "tight" the Delta 76W J seat is?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by DLBIZTRAVELER
No, not SU. I flew DL 466 and 467.
SU uses the 333 and 77W on the JFK-SVO non-stops, I think.
Thank you for the clarification. I thought that route was only SU!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I'm flying the 767-300ER (76W) from ATL-PDX in 2 weeks. I'm in BE, so I will take some pictures for you and give some analysis.

Last edited by Radiohead71; Aug 23, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
This makes me even more upset that DL changed the NRT - BKK route from a 744 to a 76W. Argh!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
The 767 "coffin seats" are pretty uncomfortable for sleeping if you work out. I have wide shoulders and cannot lay flat on my back in these seats. Lying on my side is an option, but my size 12 feet are very tight in the cubby-hole. It is my least-favorite of the DL lie-flat seats.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Radiohead71
I'm flying the 767-300ER (76W) from ATL-PDX in 2 weeks. I'm in BE, so I will take some pictures for you and give some analysis.
Wow, looks like starting this month it daily loads the 76W for the first flight. I assume this won't be BE (ie no Westin amenities)?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, looks like starting this month it daily loads the 76W for the first flight. I assume this won't be BE (ie no Westin amenities)?
I doubt it. I flew the 76W on a repo SEA-LAS earlier this year, no BE amenities to be seen but it was still the lie flat and plenty of room for a tall guy, so no complaints here. To respond more directly to your post, ATL-SEA doesn't have BE amenities, so I doubt a shorter ATL-PDX would offer it, even if operated by the 76W.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:27 pm

Sorry I might have mis-spoke. I meant I was sitting up front, not getting amenities. I'll take some shots though of the seats.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Took the 76L BE seat from ICN to SEA. I thought it was pretty comfortable. The foot well area is a little smaller but I really couldn't notice much of a difference.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:53 am

Sorry this took so long to reply. Sitting upright, or even partially reclined, the seat was very comfortable. I sat in 7A on 76W 174, which took me from ATL-PDX. It continues on from there to NRT. Foot room is good when seat is up or partially reclined.

Here is the foot compartment with seat up.

As a test, I folded the seat down 100% to lie flat mode to test the foot room. Sadly, my pictures turned out lousy, so I have nothing to show there. I can say however that the foot room with bed folded flat is TIGHT! I'm 5'8" 170# and if I put my head at the very top of the seat/bed and stretched my toes they touched the end of the footwell. The pod/seat width is also pretty skinny and I had next to no room when laying down. I don't see how anyone who is bigger can sleep in this seat without discomfort. I've used both the 77L and 744 BE seats and this one was much smaller with the bed down.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
My ATL/FCO RT booked in J on an A330 was recently downgraded to a 767, not happy about that at all, it's basically a different product. The connecting LAX/ATL equipment has changed from a 737 to a 757 back to a 737 and the return has changed from a 757 to a 777 and is now a 767, DL really can't make it it's mind about what equipment to fly!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by Seth
The 767 "coffin seats" are pretty uncomfortable for sleeping if you work out. I have wide shoulders and cannot lay flat on my back in these seats. Lying on my side is an option, but my size 12 feet are very tight in the cubby-hole. It is my least-favorite of the DL lie-flat seats.
In flat-bed mode they have the same problem as Y seats- too narrow at the shoulders. I found the new 757 flatbed seat with the collapsable armrest to completely ameliorate this problem. I wonder if they could reasonably retrofit the armrests?

Foot box is definitely tight...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
My ATL/FCO RT booked in J on an A330 was recently downgraded to a 767, not happy about that at all, it's basically a different product. The connecting LAX/ATL equipment has changed from a 737 to a 757 back to a 737 and the return has changed from a 757 to a 777 and is now a 767, DL really can't make it it's mind about what equipment to fly!
Actually..."right-sizing" the flight is one of the things at which DL excels. Not easy when you want to nail down a seat assignment, but great for profitability.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
I'm 6' for 180 and never had any issues with the seats/beds in BE of the 76W. I do like the the other ones better but still think the 76W are comfortable enough and allow for a good night sleep. My only issue is with the size and def of the TV.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Actually..."right-sizing" the flight is one of the things at which DL excels. Not easy when you want to nail down a seat assignment, but great for profitability.
I understand. It's just unfortunate when it switches to a clearly inferior seat. Switching from a 777 to A330 wouldn't make a difference but the 767 seats are simply a lower quality product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.