767 Business First NRT- PDX

Old Jul 18, 14, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
767 Business First NRT- PDX

How is the 767 Business Seat NRT-PDX and how is Customs and Immigration in Portland say compared to SEA which I think is fabulous.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 14, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kapkap46 View Post
How is the 767 Business Seat NRT-PDX and how is Customs and Immigration in Portland say compared to SEA which I think is fabulous.

Thanks
Some think the 763ER/764 lie flat seats are narrow. As a solo traveler, I prefer the odd numbered windows because the console is between the seat an the aisle.

The following threads may be useful to you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html
Old Jul 18, 14, 10:42 pm

Hi -

I find the seats to be narrower as well as the footwell.

Everybody has aisle access, but the solo window seats are more private.

Customs in PDX is very easy, you never have to worry about being stuck behind a bunch of other flights. If you just have carryon, you can be land side in 5 minutes.
Old Jul 19, 14, 12:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA GLD, former DL DM
"Business First"? Your UA colors are showing
Old Jul 19, 14, 6:14 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM, HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by kapkap46 View Post
and how is Customs and Immigration in Portland say compared to SEA which I think is fabulous.

Thanks
Wow my experience arriving at SEA at 12:30 pm is that Customs/Baggage anywhere has to be better.
When I arrived there were 5 or 6 other widebodies that arrived just ahead of my arrival and no belts for baggage.
Immigration with GE was fine and once DL figured out where to put the bags things went well, but searching for belt took 45 minutes.
Old Jul 19, 14, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
SEA customs yesterday at 2:45 PM took me about 10 minutes from door opening to passing through the kiosk with my receipt in hand. I was in 1D so 2nd person off the plane behind a crew member. My luggage was off the belt before I could plug in the destination address into my GPS.

The drive to Fort Lewis at that time of day was a whole different experience!
Old Jul 19, 14, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
As for the seats, yes they are narrower than the other DL international aircraft, but I've had no problem sleeping on my side or stomach in them. I'm a fan of 1A/1D on the 767s due to the seclusion and I believe bigger footspace. Only once have I recalled galley noise being an issue, on a DTW-CDG leg that I attributed to a non-courteous crew.

As for immigration, I've never flown internationally into PDX, but recall reading on here before issues if the NRT flight arrives early you might be held on the plane until customs and immigration opens. Perhaps others with direct experience can comment on whether or not that is indeed an issue.
Old Jul 19, 14, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
As a solo traveler, I prefer the odd numbered windows because the console is between the seat an the aisle.

The following threads may be useful to you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html
Same here... with the table towards the aisle, you don't get hit by FAs and service carts.

Search this Thread