Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Gilt City: 50% Delta "F" fares from JFK/LAX-AUS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

http://www.giltcity.com/national/deltaairlines

Looks like you can purchase "F" fares at 59% off via Gilt City. Flights are LAX-AUS RT and JFK-AUS.

I'm wondering if it's an actual F fare... I'll give it a try and let you guys know.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Definitely an interesting marketing tool.

Saves a couple hundred bucks off the normal $600 RT FC price....

Hmph...
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Would be very interested to know what bucket this books into and whether or not it's eligible for full mileage credit.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
FYI - You could buy using 1-way tickets then make a new account and keep using Promotion Code Welcome20 for an additional 20% off. If you buy round trip the coupon maxes out at $50.00.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
FYI - You could buy using 1-way tickets then make a new account and keep using Promotion Code Welcome20 for an additional 20% off. If you buy round trip the coupon maxes out at $50.00.
I purchased two vouchers for JFK-AUS RT. I would suspect you would get mileage credit based on this jargon in the advert "500 bonus miles in purchaser’s SkyMiles account". It also clearly says "One round-trip, non-refundable First Class (F class)". Says "F" class but then nonrefundable would contradict it actually being an "F".

When I actually book I will post what the actually fare basis is. I am also of course going to screen shot this gilt city ad in case of any mileage issues.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by g2gtrading
Quote:

I purchased two vouchers for JFK-AUS RT. I would suspect you would get mileage credit based on this jargon in the advert "500 bonus miles in purchaser’s SkyMiles account". It also clearly says "One round-trip, non-refundable First Class (F class)". Says "F" class but then nonrefundable would contradict it actually being an "F".

When I actually book I will post what the actually fare basis is. I am also of course going to screen shot this gilt city ad in case of any mileage issues.
Same. I am going to book a few more. No where does it say it's a consolidator fare or anything to the likes.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
more troubling is the $5 charge...makes me believe could be a mileage inventory ticket
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:50 am

Actually looking at the DL site even if it was an F, A or P fare class, it would still earn the 150% and full MQM - just not the MQD... So we should be in good shape. Nowhere does it say it will be treated as an award ticket, even though it's structured as one.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ion-fares.html
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
more troubling is the $5 charge...makes me believe could be a mileage inventory ticket
But then it wouldn't book into F either, and there isn't anything about inventory restriction like there would probably be on a mileage ticket.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by rylan
But then it wouldn't book into F either, and there isn't anything about inventory restriction like there would probably be on a mileage ticket.
I think we are operating under the assumption that the ticket doesn't book into F and they are using that to mean First Class despite being extra redundant. If they tell me it doesn't book into F class I will argue it as it clearly says F class, but the people who write these rules may not know what they are talking about.... We shall see... As long as i get the bonus MQM and RDM I am happy.

-- mbwmbw
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:59 am

http://thepointsguy.com/2014/07/gilt...le-on-july-10/

Is saying that they won't count towards DL MQM... Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
TPG describes these as full FC f class but says no MQMs. Could they be consolidator fares? It might be possible to figure out the class from the percentage off. TPG suggests it's not G and not P implicitly, so someone should look at A fares and seen what the claimed 59% off gets you.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
TPG describes these as full FC f class but says no MQMs. Could they be consolidator fares? It might be possible to figure out the class from the percentage off. TPG suggests it's not G and not P implicitly, so someone should look at A fares and seen what the claimed 59% off gets you.
Yes but even if they were consolidator fares they would still earn MQM, correct? Just not the bonus amount... I don't see anywhere it indicates that they are consolidator fares...
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Yes but even if they were consolidator fares they would still earn MQM, correct? Just not the bonus amount... I don't see anywhere it indicates that they are consolidator fares...
If that's the case we can simply let them expire and then according to the terms and conditions the full value becomes good for future delta travel.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by g2gtrading
If that's the case we can simply let them expire and then according to the terms and conditions the full value becomes good for future delta travel.
I may call the promotions desk and see if we can't get an answer. Want to give it a shot as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.