Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta travel advisory for Israel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Delta travel advisory for Israel

Titled "Israel Unrest," the notice states that a one-time change will be allowed at N/C for travel occurring during the period July 9-31, 2014, with travel to be rebooked and completed by August 15, 2014. Other T&C apply.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...mt-member.html
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wow, so DL expects the conflict to be over by end of July? I guess they have some kind of secret insider access or are mediating.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by rylan
Wow, so DL expects the conflict to be over by end of July? I guess they have some kind of secret insider access or are mediating.
Yes, DL is both mediating peace in the Middle East and has promised to fix the "award calendar."

Both efforts are expected yield results at the same time.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Wrong, Sabai, there will be peace in the Middle East long before the award calendar is fixed!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:50 pm

It's a lot easier to get close to the date and push the advisory out than it is to put it out through the end of the year and have to backtrack (hopefully) when it simmers down to the normal level of violence.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
However, if DL keeps revising the dates on their travel advisory (even though this one seems relatively long compared to the weather advisories we usually see), there could be a bunch of people who end up rebooking tickets multiple times.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mke9499
Titled "Israel Unrest," the notice states that a one-time change will be allowed at N/C for travel occurring during the period July 9-31, 2014, with travel to be rebooked and completed by August 15, 2014. Other T&C apply.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...mt-member.html
This is the best time to go to Israel and show solidarity in my opinion. Not sure why the date is given as it is.

Israel in July isn't cheap and it doesn't seem like a large number of travelers are canceling at all or even rebooking at specific dates. Gives travelers more flexibility in going to Israel if anything.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by kop84
It's a lot easier to get close to the date and push the advisory out than it is to put it out through the end of the year and have to backtrack (hopefully) when it simmers down to the normal level of violence.
Sad, but I LOLed
Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Why I can't go to Israel anymore. It's very extremely dangerous. I can't go there. Too many problem out there. They will have a wars. You have avoid flying to Israel. Don't go there. I had nothing can do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.