Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will Delta Provide "Soft" Status for MQD but missed MQM

Will Delta Provide "Soft" Status for MQD but missed MQM

Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by StuckOnSegments
Agreed. It would be nice if there was more competition in ATL. The loss of AirTran was bigger than many thought, IMO.
but Clark Howard said this was going to be great for ATL with WN launching evening more flights!!..........

(or cut the schedule in half and without a business/first class DL does not consider WN competition and does not compete with them....)
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by pvn
power?
Sorry, computer memory on many of them

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I'm not a pilot - and I don't play one on TV, but, IIRC, the issue is LGA's new mandate of precision (computer-aided) departures. Not all Delta MD-88s (delivered 1987-1993) have adequate memory to store all the possible nav routes. (Think of trying to upgrade the memory in your IBM PC XT286.) So, DL just won't fly any MD-88s from LGA.

The good news - and Delta's spin - is that this takes a relatively noisy aircraft away from some heavily populated areas. What they don't say is that they're still flying just as many noisy MD-88's and taking the noise to DAB, CHA, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.