Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will Delta Provide "Soft" Status for MQD but missed MQM

Will Delta Provide "Soft" Status for MQD but missed MQM

Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:01 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
59 segments, $10,000+ MQD, 38K MQM

YIKES!

Is there such a thing as . . . .

Silver Medallion HVC360???

Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:11 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Just MR you can go to sin in December for 800 bucks and 20k mqm or so
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by davetravels
YIKES!

Is there such a thing as . . . .

Silver Medallion HVC360???

To DL probably need to add an extra 0 to the MQD

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Just MR you can go to sin in December for 800 bucks and 20k mqm or so
2 segments would probably be easier There goes MQM rollover
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:55 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CDKing
To DL probably need to add an extra 0 to the MQD
Maybe they should have an HVC360 designation within each Medallion level (somehow) for people who, let's say, TRIPLED the MQD requirement, but have low MQMs!

Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:53 pm

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Those of us who live in a hub city definitely get the short end of the stick when it comes to segments. In ATL we have direct flights to everywhere so I've never come close with segments. Who knows, it may be for that reason that Delta doesn't roll them over. A non-hub resident gets four segments for every round trip (at least) while us ATL'ers only get two. So it's definitely better to go with miles as the equalizer.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:07 am

Agree - as a customer, it is absolutely fair to defend your interests and try to get more out of a commercial deal. These are multi-thousands dollar spendings.
Time for DL to take side: either they track the dollars or the distance, but mixing both is way too complex for the vast majority of travelers who don't have time and interest in reading all the fine prints.
With the current scheme, all that they do is direct your attention to your real spending and thus increasing your expectations (I have "basic" membership while spending 5,000MQDs in 6 months, as I received only 20,000MQMs) while under-delivering.
It feels like this program is becoming a hurdle race, not a program to reward and give better service to those heavy contributors to DL profits.
Meanwhile: just had a small issue with Iberia, BA people took care of it and got me on track and on time for the rest of my trip. Not sure it is related to my gold membership, but it is exactly what is expected from an airline: simple, caring, forgiving. Not complex and bureaucratic.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:53 am

No

Originally Posted by SCMConsult
As it stands right now, I have a decent likelihood of hitting the MQD number for Diamond but be short of MQMs. (Right now I have 46K MQMs and 7.5k MQD and 23k CC spend)

What do you guys think are the chances that if I hit the CC spend and the Diamond MQD but miss on miles that DL will "give me" Diamond status for next year?

I tried searching for the question - but had a hard time finding anything due to the specific question.

Thanks
Well, no. Reminds me of Middle School where the guy next to me on a math test ask for full credit on a question where the correct answer was 104 and he had 103. He argues that it was soooooo close.

Always remember - "The Past is Prologue."
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent data points on this for a Silver? Currently looking like Iíll end the year with 8,217 MQM, 9 MQS, but $5,583 MQD. I have crossover rewards right now which looks like itís being discontinued, so hoping for a bump to Silver.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
The data point is you will have no status next year. You can purchase MQMs however or do a MR if you wish.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by getagb
Any recent data points on this for a Silver? Currently looking like I’ll end the year with 8,217 MQM, 9 MQS, but $5,583 MQD. I have crossover rewards right now which looks like it’s being discontinued, so hoping for a bump to Silver.
Basically no chance of a bump to silver with only 32% of the silver MQM requirement satisfied, unfortunately.

Delta does actually gift a small number of MQM if you're sitting on the border. One of my colleagues satisfied the MQD requirement last year and ended the year with ~124,600 MQM, and Delta renewed their Diamond status anyway. But this isn't a published benefit and should never be relied on.

If you currently have no status and are more than ~500-1000 MQM away from a threshold, there's basically no chance you'll qualify for a complimentary bump up...

(For those curious, my colleague's situation wasn't intentional - they had actually flown 125k+ MQM, but due to a persistent MQM crediting fiasco, the miles didn't post until 2018. While they did end up eventually receiving retroactive credit for the missing flight, by then Delta had already comped them 2018 DM status.)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks. Thinking I will shift some more flights from UA to Delta. I fly very often (GS on UA) but itís been nice having low backup status on a secondary airline during this year for IRROPS.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jspira
The data point is you will have no status next year. You can purchase MQMs however or do a MR if you wish.
In previous years, the maximum number of MQMs that could be purchased (at pretty expensive personalized prices which were higher for higher status tiers) has been 10,000. This won't help someone with under 10,000 MQMs.

BTW, the 8,000+ MQMs and $5,000+ MQDs makes me wonder whether these stats are the result of one D1 RT USA-EU using a discounted business class fare. If so, it's hardly a basis for status. However, the 9 MQSs suggests otherwise, so maybe there was a domestic RT too if connections are required.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:58 pm

As an Atlanta based flyer I have this problem every year, last year was going to end up with $15k+ in MQD, 38kMQM and 58 MQS (all direct flights). Ended up doing a segment run for gold which I now see was worthless. I am 0-36 on upgrades so far this year and even SDC changes have been of no-value since every time I've tried DL tells me there are no tix available in the same fair class.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In previous years, the maximum number of MQMs that could be purchased (at pretty expensive personalized prices which were higher for higher status tiers) has been 10,000. This won't help someone with under 10,000 MQMs.

BTW, the 8,000+ MQMs and $5,000+ MQDs makes me wonder whether these stats are the result of one D1 RT USA-EU using a discounted business class fare. If so, it's hardly a basis for status. However, the 9 MQSs suggests otherwise, so maybe there was a domestic RT too if connections are required.
6 of those mqs might come from that one trip - I have a two stopper in each direction coming up. That little travel just does not produce the return on investment to justify the expense that would be needed to get to status.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:40 pm

I feel for my high MQD low MQM/S brethren. Gaining status on segments is not a fun experience. As a student, I thought silver (or its equivalent) was too easy as I would get it just by flying home to Asia twice a year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.