Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's the Small Things for this First Time Delta Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's the Small Things for this First Time Delta Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by indufan
Delta has a real issue on their hands because this isn't true and a lot of people think that it is. Qualifying for status isn't changing at all in 2015.
I don't know how you can say this, since MQDs weren't a factor until 2014, which is when you qualify for 2015 status.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Why do you guys, and many others denigrate yourselves by continually making reference to being a "lowly Silver"?

I was a Silver for many years before recently making it to Gold (Thank you AMEX!). I considered it to be of good value.

Also, unlike many of our peers having higher status, we spend less time living in an aluminum tube that is often so crowded that a tenement looks attractive, being subjected to TSA intrusion, unanticipated delays, etc. In return we get time to spend with friends and families, engaging in sports, hobbies and similar activities. In my opinion we are ahead of the game.

Please understand that I am not trying to dampen your enjoyment of getting the upgrade(s). You are entitled to enjoy them and I hope that you do.
Well said, it is really hard to be on the road. And yes, down years are something to cherish in our business (whatever it might be that takes you on the road). But all status should be cherished and is an accomplishment i believe. Silver included. If you are not a road warrior and as the OP, taking trips for pleasure and vacation, Silver is quite a lot of flying.

And glad to hear DL is valuing it too with giving OP the upgrades he deserves.

That said, it also make sense, and is deserved that DM gets the upgrade before the silver. :-)

-ok
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by lsumegan
I don't know how you can say this, since MQDs weren't a factor until 2014, which is when you qualify for 2015 status.
OP and indufan, along with my previous post in this thread, are referring to qualifying in 2015 for 2016 status. OP's confusion was that he thinks qualification for 2016 status will be based on Skymiles earned.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Why do you guys, and many others denigrate yourselves by continually making reference to being a "lowly Silver"?

I was a Silver for many years before recently making it to Gold (Thank you AMEX!). I considered it to be of good value.

Also, unlike many of our peers having higher status, we spend less time living in an aluminum tube that is often so crowded that a tenement looks attractive, being subjected to TSA intrusion, unanticipated delays, etc. In return we get time to spend with friends and families, engaging in sports, hobbies and similar activities. In my opinion we are ahead of the game.

Please understand that I am not trying to dampen your enjoyment of getting the upgrade(s). You are entitled to enjoy them and I hope that you do.
I will leave my true opinions at the door, but with all of the none sense I read from the DMs and Platinums on this group... most of the time I feel like if I don't have super high status, I am a no body.

Originally Posted by jesternl
Gratz, and nice Nickname, dereiziger. .I'm assuming you fly to Holland?
I grew up in The Hague.

I'm hitting Silver for the first time this year too, just started flying for work much more often.
hartelijk bedankt. yes, I fly to Holland once or twice a year. I grew up in Breda and visit frequently to visit family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.