Question about Delta's 767-300 please

Old Jul 1, 14, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Question about Delta's 767-300 please

Hi, I have a first class trip coming up on Delta on a 767-300. According to the seat map, it looks like a 767-300 (76P/76Q).
I'm in seat 4B (aisle). My question is...on this aircraft...will 4A (window) be able to get around me each time he gets up, or will I need to un-recline to let him by each time? I can't quite tell how much room will be in front of me.
Thanks

Last edited by cheaptom; Jul 1, 14 at 2:06 pm
Old Jul 1, 14, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
There are different versions of the B763. Since there are 2 seats together, A & B, it could be the standard F seating, in which case the seats are REALLY close together, or it could be the BusinessElite version with "Barcalounger" type recliners, in which case they may be able to climb over you, depending on their size / agility, etc.

Could you elaborate as to the flight number and date so someone can check which version you're on?

Old Jul 1, 14, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Dave.
According to the seat map, it looks like a 767-300 (76P/76Q). Flight 862 LAX>DTW August 19.
Old Jul 1, 14, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Sorry to tell'ya, those are probably the [email protected] F seats in the fleet. VERY tight legroom for an F seat. IMO, it feels like the seat in front of you is in your face. I'd hate to pay for those! I once sat in 10B, the first row of coach in view of the F cabin, and except for the meal service, I was glad I was in 10B, which is a bulkhead with good legroom!

Good luck!

Old Jul 1, 14, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Yep, it looks that way. That what i get for connecting in Detroit!
Old Jul 1, 14, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC this aircraft has very restricted legroom in the bulk head FC seats, so trying to switch to the first row would not be an improvement.
Old Jul 1, 14, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I switched to 4C. Still an aisle, but it's the middle section. The guy next to me has his own aisle and should have to hop over me.
Man, I am hoping for a change of equipment before takeoff!
Old Jul 1, 14, 4:44 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cheaptom View Post
Yep, it looks that way. That what i get for connecting in Detroit!
The domestic 763's are flown through all the hubs. They are not dedicated to the DTW hub. Also, DTW is one of DL's nicest hubs. But thanks for showing your narrow-mindedness.
Old Jul 1, 14, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
I fail to see how these 767 are worse than any other aircraft with domestic F: when at a window seat, it's hard to get out without asking your seatmate to move, regardless of 737, 757, 767.
At least with the 767, you have the possibility of middle row aisles. I actually do like these aircraft for that specific reason on flights relatively long.
Old Jul 1, 14, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vgb2001 View Post
I actually do like these aircraft for that specific reason on flights relatively long.
Agree with VGB. Once I realized that the middle row aisles existed on this aircraft, I changed seats.
Old Jul 1, 14, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
There are different versions of the B763. Since there are 2 seats together, A & B, it could be the standard F seating, in which case the seats are REALLY close together, or it could be the BusinessElite version with "Barcalounger" type recliners, in which case they may be able to climb over you, depending on their size / agility, etc.

Could you elaborate as to the flight number and date so someone can check which version you're on?

I thought all the barcalounger were gone? it was either the domestic f or the new 1 2 1 config for international.
Old Jul 1, 14, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by troyintn View Post
I thought all the barcalounger were gone? it was either the domestic f or the new 1 2 1 config for international.
Perhaps. I'm not really up on all of that. No harm in mentioning it.
Old Jul 1, 14, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by cheaptom View Post
Yep, it looks that way. That what i get for flying Delta!
Fixed it for you.
Old Jul 1, 14, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by vgb2001 View Post
I fail to see how these 767 are worse than any other aircraft with domestic F: when at a window seat, it's hard to get out without asking your seatmate to move, regardless of 737, 757, 767.
At least with the 767, you have the possibility of middle row aisles. I actually do like these aircraft for that specific reason on flights relatively long.
Mainly because the domestic 763 F seats are the narrowest in the fleet at only 18.5" wide (only 0.5" wider than Y). For comparison, the F seats on the MD-88, MD-90, and 717 are 19.6" wide, and those on the 737, 757, and Airbus narrowbodies are 21" wide.
Old Jul 1, 14, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta 764 View Post
Mainly because the domestic 763 F seats are the narrowest in the fleet at only 18.5". . . ..
What about the distance between seats? Those seats feel like the TV screen is in your face, compared to other F seats.

Search this Thread