Two questions: Re: 2015 choice bennies

Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Two questions: Re: 2015 choice bennies

1) Has anyone selected the Tiffany luggage tags? If so, what do they look like?

2) I see that I can upgrade my SkyClub Membership to Executive. I know that lets you guest more people in. Does that mean that my existing one; once the new medallion year starts; will no longer let me guest ANYONE in?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:46 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JulienMSP

2) I see that I can upgrade my SkyClub Membership to Executive. I know that lets you guest more people in. Does that mean that my existing one; once the new medallion year starts; will no longer let me guest ANYONE in?
1) I have not ordered it but a co-worker has. It is the size of a luggage tag and has Diamond Medallion embossed on one side. I believe the other has a place to slip an address card.

2) Yes. Beginning next year the Diamond lounge benefit is for the member only. No guests or family.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:06 pm

Make sure to consider the trade off against the $200 Delta voucher when deciding whether to upgrade. You can buy several day passes for $200. So consider how often you'd have guests.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

#1 is actually a CB? isn't the $200.00 delta e voucher worth more than that?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hertz #1 Gold
For 1) Travel Skills has a pic of the Tiffany Tags.
http://travelskills.com/tag/diamond/
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

thanks Wow..those are....feminine. I'll stick with my original choice; 4 GUCs and 25k miles..the rest of the choice bennies for single male travelers continue to fail to impress.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
thanks Wow..those are....feminine. I'll stick with my original choice; 4 GUCs and 25k miles..the rest of the choice bennies for single male travelers continue to fail to impress.
Granted I'm not male, but I don't think there's a gender bias for the $200 e-voucher, Global Entry, gifting GM, etc.

Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
thanks Wow..those are....feminine.
It's Tiffany
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Guess they should get some monster-truck-with-racing-stripes ones to please me eh? LOL jk

the 200 dollar voucher is useless if you are road warrior and never pay for your own tickets anyway. When I vacation (If i feel like traveling on my time off which is becoming rarer these days); I just use miles. Also, DL never lets you use the stupid vouchers for anything you might want to not pay (bag fees, change fees..what have you)

sky club passes? Meh...pass. At least until March 1, 2015; I can continue to guest 2 people in--if I'm even traveling with anyone

Also; am I the only one who thinks 4 Global upgrades was a bit chintzy? I would have liked to have had 8 like one gets with AA. I will easily travel int'ly a lot more than 8 times in the next 12 months.

I finally just caved and applied for Global Entry today and paid the fee. I was told as of this January; our company would reimburse for it (thank god).

Ergo; for me..the miles and the GUCs are probably the most valuable.

Last edited by JulienMSP; Jun 29, 2014 at 11:16 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:57 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Guess they should get some monster-truck-with-racing-stripes ones to please me eh? LOL jk
The only luxury brand that I "really" like is Louis Vuitton. But, Tiffany does have some nice items. More so, there crystal glassware.

Also; am I the only one who thinks 4 Global upgrades was a bit chintzy? I would have liked to have had 8 like one gets with AA. I will easily travel int'ly a lot more than 8 times in the next 12 months.
While I agree, they probably should offer more than 4; many many people fly international long haul more than 8 times. It's not based on allowing people to book 100% economy flights (long haul international) and (potentially) upgrade all of their long haul flights; effectively causing people to "book away" from BusinessElite. It's a perk. A bonus. Not an upgrade program, like Medallion Domestic Upgrades.

I finally just caved and applied for Global Entry today and paid the fee. I was told as of this January; our company would reimburse for it (thank god).
Seriously? It's the $100 (for 5 years) that was keeping you from enrolling? I mean, I seldom say "thank god," but most definitely would not be saying that in this instance.

BTW, if you follow FlyerTalk and the blogs; you could have enrolled for an AMEX US Platinum Card, and basically got a ton of miles+benefits+Global Entry over the past year.....
Cost = $450
Benefits :
100K Membership Reward Miles (transferable to Delta at 1:1 basis), now the best offer is 40K points (but 75K and 100K point offers have been common)
Lounge Access, and Priority Club Select
Airline Fee Credit ($200 per year, but since it's calendar year 2x$200 first full 12 months if used properly, for checked bags fees, flight-change fees, and snacks)
Global Entry fee credit ($100)
other things like FH&R and no foreign transaction fees

Sorry to rant; but the entire purpose of FlyerTalk is to maximize miles&points and minimize fees and make your travel life easier. There is so much out there; especially for US Based travelers through credit cards... so, when I see "thank god" to a $100 fee reimbursement, which you should be getting "for free" anyway, I seriously *roll my eyes*.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I find it hard to imagine how someone who travels frequently, including international, wouldn't consider GE to be worth $20 per year even if it isn't reimbursed. You avoid waiting in lines and you also become eligible for PreCheck more often, including when traveling on carriers where you have no elite status.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:44 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I find it hard to imagine how someone who travels frequently, including international, wouldn't consider GE to be worth $20 per year even if it isn't reimbursed. You avoid waiting in lines and you also become eligible for PreCheck more often, including when traveling on carriers where you have no elite status.
+1, but, I was a "bit" more long-winded in my response MSPeconomist.

Even my 12 year old daughter has Global Entry (as do the 17 and 20 year old). My son frequents BOS-AMS-BOS with just a carry-on and it's a huge time-saver.

It will be her first time flying UM AMS-BOS in a few weeks; guess I have to remind the flight attendants that she has GE (as an aside, she does have my favorite seat on the A330; 2J).

We all travel a lot; and the interview process can be a "bit" of a pain to schedule; but, it's a "once in a lifetime" interview. I like to say, "stop complaining, and just get it done!"
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
+1, but, I was a "bit" more long-winded in my response MSPeconomist.

Even my 12 year old daughter has Global Entry (as do the 17 and 20 year old). My son frequents BOS-AMS-BOS with just a carry-on and it's a huge time-saver.

It will be her first time flying UM AMS-BOS in a few weeks; guess I have to remind the flight attendants that she has GE (as an aside, she does have my favorite seat on the A330; 2J).

We all travel a lot; and the interview process can be a "bit" of a pain to schedule; but, it's a "once in a lifetime" interview. I like to say, "stop complaining, and just get it done!"
I got my GE long before there were GE kiosks at MSP and long before one could do the interview there. I managed a late flight exJFK after a long weekend at NYC and got it done then, about a thousand miles from my home. It was well worth the hassle involved, although at that time one didn't have the long waits for interview appointments after tentative approval.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by klashn
For 1) Travel Skills has a pic of the Tiffany Tags.
http://travelskills.com/tag/diamond/
Who selects this? In what planet is this worth 4 GUCs or $200?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I know I know...I was totally late on the GE bandwagon. I did it also because you're supposed to be able to "just get" pre-check now if you have it. No one seems to know for sure. Delta also keeps denying they ever "gave away" pre-check for free and then randomly stopped in 2012 (Right before I became a Diamond, of course). But everyone I work with who has been at the company in this position longer than 2 years "just has" pre-check and none of them paid for it. so whatever Delta.

And no, it wasn't the 100 bucks that was keeping me from applying..it was the interview process--I was never sure if I'd be around when they'd want to schedule it. I'm just going to make time for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.