Community
Wiki Posts
Search

757-200 experts please help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

757-200 experts please help!

Flying from ATL-JFK and then across the pond JFK-CPH.

I'm in EC on both legs, but have questions...

1). For the ATL-JFK leg, it shows this leg is the 757 version that has EC start at row 19 (2 seats) then continue with 3 and 3 at row 20). Row 19 is unavailable and row 20 ABC shows green on seatguru since it's not a hard bulkhead. I have the option to select 20A on this....but should I be nervous that there is a very high chance of equip swap since there are so many versions of the 757 and if it happens, don't want to lose my EC seat on seat reassignment bc I know row 19-20 on the 757's vary so much among all the versions?...thoughts?

2. On the JFK-CPH leg (757-200ER), I'm in row 19c (already decided that was the best seat possible of available seats...separate thread), but since this is a bulkhead seat, I believe the AVOD and tray table are within the seat, correct? But where is the power (USB) located?

Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:06 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
1) I guess, to each his own, but, I don't lose any sleep over seats on flights of 1:45.

2) 19C is arguably the best coach seat on the TATL B752. As far as I know, the power is a regular AC outlet between the seats under your knee area - (left knee in 19C). I don't think I've ever seen USB. Yes, the TV screen and tray table are in the arm rest.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Nevermind, I was thinking of 18...

Last edited by mother-; Jun 27, 2014 at 10:45 pm
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mulaman984

1). For the ATL-JFK leg, it shows this leg is the 757 version that has EC start at row 19 (2 seats) then continue with 3 and 3 at row 20). Row 19 is unavailable and row 20 ABC shows green on seatguru since it's not a hard bulkhead. I have the option to select 20A on this....but should I be nervous that there is a very high chance of equip swap since there are so many versions of the 757 and if it happens, don't want to lose my EC seat on seat reassignment bc I know row 19-20 on the 757's vary so much among all the versions?...thoughts?

2. On the JFK-CPH leg (757-200ER), I'm in row 19c (already decided that was the best seat possible of available seats...separate thread), but since this is a bulkhead seat, I believe the AVOD and tray table are within the seat, correct? But where is the power (USB) located?

Thanks for any help!
Lots of discussion (and pics) here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-seating.html#
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE

Thanks for any help!
Don't do 20A on the domestic hop. Sit in 20C instead. 20A has an emergency exit door slide right in front of it.

19C is great on the plane to CPH.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:20 am
Original Poster

20C is taken...only option is 20F or 22C (reg EC aisle seat)
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
20C is taken...only option is 20F or 22C (reg EC aisle seat)
Is this the version where 19F is up against the slide and therefore a non-EC seat or the version where there is no 19F? If it's the latter I'd take 20F as the next best option. If it's the former it's really your choice of aisle or window between 22C and 20F as they'll otherwise be similar. Row 22 may decrease your chance of having your carry-on behind you in case that matters for a tight connection.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:34 pm

We are currently in 20 A/C for JFK-CPH but 18 D/E has just opened up. Which is preferable?

SeatGuru shows 18 D/E is green, but narrower seats due to the tray tables and I assume there is no floor storage.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
On the 75E (4 rows of EC config) it's located between the seats (1 USB per seat), by your leg. That's also where the AC power is (2 per row of 3 seats). This is true for all rows (though only the first 10 or so have AC power).
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by SusanDK
We are currently in 20 A/C for JFK-CPH but 18 D/E has just opened up. Which is preferable?

SeatGuru shows 18 D/E is green, but narrower seats due to the tray tables and I assume there is no floor storage.
You can place your items at your feet during the flight, just not during takeoff or approach/landing. The seats might feel a bit narrower since the armrests are solid and the tray tables fold out of them. I prefer those seats, so it really just depends. You'll have great legroom, and a real sense of privacy and space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.