Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flying BOS-CDG-TLV-AMS-BOS, will I get MQDs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:18 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM

Correction: thread title should have MQMs not MQDs. Apologies
Hi all,
I'm traveling to Israel this September and will have to fly a combination of
DL, AF and KL. I'm booking through DL.com and it says some segments are DL-coded Air France flights but the CDG connection to TLV is a pure AF segment. The same for the return but on KLM from TLV-AMS.
Before paying, it says I'll get 10,982 MQMs. Will I really get that amount even if some segments are AF or KL without DL codeshare flight numbers? Also, I haven't seen a DL SkyClub in CDG. Can I use my Delta Reserve SkyClub membership in CDG, AMS or TLV (not flying business or SkyTeam Elite Plus at the moment).

Also, what is the best and/or cheapest way to get to and from Jerusalem. My return flight leaves TLV pretty early @ 4:50am on a Sunday.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by flyingdoc747; Jun 26, 2014 at 7:23 pm Reason: Reserve card info
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
Correction: thread title should have MQMs not MQDs. Apologies
Hi all,
I'm traveling to Israel this September and will have to fly a combination of
DL, AF and KL. I'm booking through DL.com and it says some segments are DL-coded Air France flights but the CDG connection to TLV is a pure AF segment. The same for the return but on KLM from TLV-AMS.
Before paying, it says I'll get 10,982 MQMs. Will I really get that amount even if some segments are AF or KL without DL codeshare flight numbers? Also, I haven't seen a DL SkyClub in CDG. Can I use my Delta Reserve SkyClub membership in CDG, AMS or TLV (not flying business or SkyTeam Elite Plus at the moment).

Also, what is the best and/or cheapest way to get to and from Jerusalem. My return flight leaves TLV pretty early @ 4:50am on a Sunday.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
You should get full MQMs for each segment on DL, AF or KL regardless of whether it is a codeshare, and as a PM, you should be able to use lounges when on international flights without needing to use a credit card. At least, that is how I understand the ever shifting rules!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobertS975
You should get full MQMs for each segment on DL, AF or KL regardless of whether it is a codeshare, and as a PM, you should be able to use lounges when on international flights without needing to use a credit card. At least, that is how I understand the ever shifting rules!
Thanks, RobertS975!
I forgot to update my profile! I dropped to FO this year. That's why I'm trying to do these trips to get back up to the higher ranks. If I'm FO with the reserve, can I still access the SkyTeam lounges in CDG and AMS?

Thanks again.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
Thanks, RobertS975!
If I'm FO with the reserve, can I still access the SkyTeam lounges in CDG and AMS?
Nope. The Reserve card only gets you into actual DL Sky Clubs, not partner lounges.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
Originally Posted by LBJ
Nope. The Reserve card only gets you into actual DL Sky Clubs, not partner lounges.
If not in BE, you won't get access to the Dan lounges at Ben Gurion in TLV either. But you aren't missing anything there, except for maybe a warm Tuborg beer and no seats.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by campbe79
If not in BE, you won't get access to the Dan lounges at Ben Gurion in TLV either. But you aren't missing anything there, except for maybe a warm Tuborg beer and no seats.
Thank you so much, everyone! This is indeed helpful.

One last thing, can I still get the full MQMs and MQDs if I book over the phone since I have to use some credits (I have to call to use them--they're special and can't be seen under the eCredits online)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.