most segments flown in a week?

Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever

Unusual for me being a lowly FO, I have 10 segments coming up in a weeks time. This got me to thinking what is the most # of segments some of you
PM and DM 'ers have flown in a week? I'm sure it will be way more than what I have upcoming!!!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Fun topic... Not sure about max segments per week, but I did fly JFK-SLC-ONT-SLC-LAX-JFK-SLC-ONT-SLC-LAX-JFK in a weekend for 10 segments in 2 days. It was tough to go from the LAX-JFK redeye straight into the office on Monday morning, but the MQMs made everything worth it. Or so I tell myself.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I remember in 2012 I had more segments than days of the year until around Jan 17th... That was a cool stat.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Fun topic... Not sure about max segments per week, but I did fly JFK-SLC-ONT-SLC-LAX-JFK-SLC-ONT-SLC-LAX-JFK in a weekend for 10 segments in 2 days. It was tough to go from the LAX-JFK redeye straight into the office on Monday morning, but the MQMs made everything worth it. Or so I tell myself.
That's a long weekend
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Last year, I had one week with 13 segments, but only 11 of them were DL. So far this year, my worst stretch will be 19 in fourteen days in a couple weeks. Over that period, I'll be in PHL, HSV (same day drive to) BHM, IAD, EWR, ORF, CLT, ATL (home one night), LAX, PHX, LAS (just for a few hours), DFW, and PIT.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
IIRC, the most in a week for me was 18.

Worst I ever had, though, was 3x round trips BUF-XXX-LAX in an 7 day timeframe.

Sunday ~ Early AM flight BUF-ATL-LAX then an overnight Renaissance LAX. Was relaxed pretty well and was looking forward to signing the new contract. Made the upgrade on both segments.

Monday~ Early AM meeting with new client and sign the contract. Meeting ends, go to LAX and catch last flight of the day LAX-CVG-BUF, overnight back in my own bed. Made the upgrade on LAX-CVG but no upgrade CVG-BUF as we had a Barbie Jet.

Tuesday~ Early AM and I'm in my office. Around noon a prospect that I've been calling on finally calls me back and thinks I'm still in LA as I had been leaving messages on his voice mail asking for the meeting since I was in town anyway. Anyway, he wants a lunch meeting tomorrow, so I go home, pack and catch last flight BUF-ATL-LAX and I overnight at Renaissance LAX. Made the BUF-ATL upgrade but missed the LAX one and had a crappy middle seat and I was starting to feel the effects of that much travel on my body.

Wednesday~lunch with the prospective client. Meeting goes well but long and there's no way I'm getting back tonight, so I overnight again at the Renaissance LAX.

Thursday ~ take the first flight of the day, LAX-ATL-BUF. Land and go to the office, was told that the client that I just signed the contract on wanted to go over a bunch of things for the setup and wanted me to meet all their team and I needed to go back to LA. Went straight back to the airport and ended up getting a BUF-CVG-LAX. Made both the upgrades early in the day and caught the BUF-CVG segment but missed the CVG-LAX segment. Overnight back at the Renaissance.

Friday ~ long ... meeting with the new client that I signed on Monday and I spent most of the day at their office. Decided to red-eye the flight back home and flew a LAX-CVG-BUF. Made the upgrades but couldn't sleep for the life of me (which isn't normal as I can sleep anywhere normally). Landed at CVG, switched terminals as I was on a CRJ-200, and proceeded to sit down and fall asleep. I had a pretty long layover, which royally sucked (like 3 hours or so), but it gave me some time to sleep. Luckily I woke up in time for the flight (my neck was another story as I kinked it pretty badly).

So, when people wonder why I don't do red-eye's anymore, that's why - I felt so crappy after all that flying and time changes that I vowed never to fly a red eye anymore.

I didn't keep up with my vow, but have only flown 3 red-eyes since that incident. 1 was to not miss my son's birthday party. 1 was because my wife went into labor early (they stopped it at the hospital but of course I panicked). 1 was for a client dinner in LAS where I had a function with the family that next day that I had to be at.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt
I don't do it often, but just completed 14 segments in a 7-day period on June 20th.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Very rare but I did 20 one week. Had a trip to India that was 10 segments, which came up right after a weekend mileage run to Anchorage which was another 10. Thank god I only missed one upgrade during the MR or I don't think I would have made it.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:42 pm

In about a 10 day span i wen cmh atl ric. Ric lga cmh. Cmh dtw pln. Pln dtw cmh. Cmh atl. Orf. Orf atl cmh
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by schmidlapp
Unusual for me being a lowly FO, I have 10 segments coming up in a weeks time. This got me to thinking what is the most # of segments some of you
PM and DM 'ers have flown in a week? I'm sure it will be way more than what I have upcoming!!!
18 in 5 days with one of them a TATL is my record.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Sep 14, 2014 at 10:59 am
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Back in 2004 when I was Mileage Running I had four days that went like this:

Saturday: PHX-LAX-SFO-LHR
Sunday: LHR-SFO-LAX-PHX
Monday: PHX-LAX-SBA-LAX-PHX
Tuesday: PHX-LAX-LAS-LAX-PHX

I don't recommend it
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I just recently did MSP-JFK-SEA-ANC-PDX-SLC-MSO-SLC-ANC-SEA-JFK-MSP in 10 days while spending 7 days in MSO.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Two weeks ago I did

STL-MSP-LAX-SJC-MSP-LGA-STL

Earlier this year did:

STL-LGA-DTW-MIA-ATL-CAE-ATL-RDU-ATL-STL

So far those are the two worst 5 day spans.

Nothing like the others here but rough for me.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
My various account histories disagree somewhat, but it's somewhere between 13 and 16 in a 3 day span.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
This September I will be on a Skyteam jet about 20 days and many of those days 3 segments per day. Should be fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.