A330-300 Business Elite for Couples

Old Jun 22, 14, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Question A330-300 Business Elite for Couples

With the remodel of the Delta A330-300 fleet now complete, I'm having a hard time finding pictures, videos, or recommendations on business elite seats in the new 1-2-1 layout.

We're flying to CDG in August and would like to be able to chat during the journey. Would you recommend window-middle (A-C), middle-middle (C-G), or middle-window (G-J) configuration for a couple traveling together. My personal preference is to have a window seat but not if having a conversation is much more difficult than the two middles.
Old Jun 22, 14, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just got off this plane from AMS and would definitely recommend the two seats in the middle for a couple. There is a slight divider but you can easily chat etc just by sitting a little forward.
Old Jun 22, 14, 2:33 pm

Programs: All of the Above
I would do middle 2 also, unless you really want a window seat, then I'd do 2 windows one in front of the other. It is harder to talk amongst couples on the new A333 than on the new 764.
Old Jun 22, 14, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
I just got off this plane from AMS and would definitely recommend the two seats in the middle for a couple. There is a slight divider but you can easily chat etc just by sitting a little forward.
Agree totally.
Old Jun 22, 14, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
If you want to talk definitely pick C-G otherwise you have one of those passenger aisles 'in the way'.

Here is a Delta A330-200 Walkthrough *New Interior* video on youtube however the seats layout in the first cabin is basically the same as on the 300:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTb3eWxXGo
Old Jun 22, 14, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, 7-C/G is booked and confirmed.
Old Jun 22, 14, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Row 7 is good....as I learned today if you're in the fwd part of BE you'll be last served which is perplexing to me.
Old Jun 22, 14, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
Row 7 is good....as I learned today if you're in the fwd part of BE you'll be last served which is perplexing to me.
Sounds like an odd numbered flight. Delta often follows FEBO - front even, back odd - to determine where to start meal orders.
Old Jun 22, 14, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
Sounds like an odd numbered flight. Delta often follows FEBO - front even, back odd - to determine where to start meal orders.
I believe the poster was referring to how they serve not by meal order. With the airbus the meals are prepared in the mid galley.
Old Feb 22, 16, 11:32 am

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, SPG Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Have a flight coming up in August on the A330-200 Partner is a picky eater, any recommendations to make sure we get the best seats to have best selection? We are currently in 1C and 1G and it is flight number 144, following the FEBO schedule we should be first correct?
Old Feb 22, 16, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
The purser will probally start with 1C taking orders for the main event and do a U turn ending at 1G.
1C/1G will most likely have the last choice for the 'almost there' round as the FA's start serving the back rows first working their way up front.

Last edited by Grouchy; Feb 22, 16 at 3:26 pm
Old Feb 22, 16, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Everything I have been able to gather from several years of posts about the 332/333, as well as what I've been able to gather from DL employees, suggests that the actual service of the food is from the galley outward, but the actual order is taken from the front row on the left, i.e. 1C/2A. Then it moves back and around in a U shape. I'm still not exactly sure what they do on the 332, as the galley is in the middle of the J cabin...
Old Feb 22, 16, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When the purser takes orders, often the G person can order at the same time as C in that row if it's obvious that they're traveling together. With one picky eater, at worst C can order the desired food and give it to G or they can put the picky eater into the C seat. This way they're still sitting together and able to talk to each other.

Search this Thread