Bulkhead seating in F in a E-175?

Old Jun 21, 14, 10:14 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Bulkhead seating in F in a E-175?

I'm sure I am just missing some threads about this.....so if you could direct me.

Both SeatGuru and SeatExpert give the F bulkhead decent reviews. Looking for some real life FT comments.

Thanks,
Old Jun 21, 14, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
1A is perhaps my favorite F seat in the domestic fleet. Good legroom. 1C/D really aren't any different, and are still a good choice if you're traveling with a companion.
Old Jun 21, 14, 11:33 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
I've been in 1D before. Very good seat for a bulkhead. I'd grab any row 1 seat if possible.
Old Jun 22, 14, 6:56 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
E175 is a nice plane to sit in. Enough legroom in row 1, 1A being my favorite seat.
Here is a video showing the legroom available for 1D:

http://www.modhop.com/video-delta-em...khead-seat-1d/
Old Jun 22, 14, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
I would second the positive comments made above. I have been in 1C more than once and it's an excellent choice.

The E170/5 is terrific because it has most of the amenities of a mainline single-aisle a/c (minus, of course the IFE) including overhead bins large enough for a standard Rollaboard but in a small plane that is quick to board & disembark and without any middle seats in Y.

The biggest caveat I would note in FC on these planes is that, since FC is laid out 1-2 the overhead bins over the A seats are quite a bit narrower and your standard rollaboard will likely not fit there. Not a huge deal as there should always be enough room in the bins over the C & D seats.

I have also found the Compass f/a's to be a little less outgoing than the norm on DL these days, but my sample (about 10 flights) is too small to make any sweeping conclusions.

My most recent flight on a DL Connection E175 was DFW-LGA, which would be a very long flight in a 50-seater RJ, but was perfectly comfortable in the E175 (although the WiFi did not work in either direction).
Old Jun 22, 14, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
1A is perhaps my favorite F seat in the domestic fleet. Good legroom.
+1. My favorite seat in F on DL. Grab it any time I can.
Old Jun 22, 14, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL FO
1A is a great seat, no doubt. But, I happen to be a one-in-a-million type of person. I have to get at numerous types of medicines during the flight, especially if it is the long MCI-LAX flight, which is almost always served by an E-175, and a plane I would rather fly on anyway, and I always bring two relatively small bags. The one bag I put my medicines in I would rather have at my feet so I can get to my medicines at almost anytime I need them.
Old Jun 22, 14, 4:38 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

For a couple ( that likes to sit together!) I assume it would be 1 C and D?
Old Jun 22, 14, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by david4455 View Post
For a couple ( that likes to sit together!) I assume it would be 1 C and D?
1C and D are the same as 1A. Desirable, just not for me.

Search this Thread