New Seating Map

Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
One would think that they tried this out on a bunch of people before moving forward with it. Unless all the "testers" were corporate YES people.... I just don't get it.

I am trying to like it, but I find it hard to read/visualize.

Oh well.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM
For the colorblind among us, I have to say this is much harder to look at. The contrast (through different eyes I'll admit) is way lower making it tougher to distinguish. The added armrest grey and blare of the white plane body make it busier for those of us who find a simpler scheme helpful.
Function wise this won't change anything in terms of choosing seats but I'm not a fan of the look.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Wow, the new maps are fugly. It's nice they finally show the staggered BE seats on the 767s, but they could have done that without this uglification...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Grouchy
It's more detailed, that's nice. The choosen colours are very bright. Personally i may prefer somewhat more bleached colours.

One observation;
With the new seat maps in place, i now have, for one of my upcoming trips, an undefined Boeing 757 type seatmap with fully flat bed and direct aisle access that doesn't excist at all on
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en.../Aircraft.html
:

interesting ... when I'm on the booking page and I look at "View Seats" for this exact flight (DL2043 on 5 July) I see the old style seat map ... doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I actually like the new maps
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I think it's uuuuuuuuuuuugly. It sort of reminds me of the KLM seat maps, except uglier (I don't really care for their color choices, especially the orange and the burgundy/maroon color). I like the concept, but...clearly just a front-end change, as someone mentioned upthread. I especially dislike the high-contrast colors for the seats. I liked the deeper green and blue hues, as well as the deeper background and minimalistic design of the aircraft on the previous seatmaps.

I guess the one thing I do like, and y'all have already pointed it out, is the representation of seat and row alignments.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Ironically, the seat maps for some partner flights (e.g., KLM) now look more attractive.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:21 pm

Wow. Everyone's a critic... You honestly preferred the white/blue squares?

Personally, I love the change. There's infinitely more detail about where your seat is located relative to the lavs/galleys/exits, even the offset of the BE seats is finally clear. The detail of which same-number rows are set back from one another will be a great benefit to families traveling.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
N717FV on a CRJ 700 (YYZ <-> DTW)

The 747 from ICN <-> DTW has no tail #?!

Can't remember if the seat maps had anything about this before, but the staggering of seat rows does help a lot when not travelling solo.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
All the dark seats make it too hard to see. Another useless enhancement.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jrl767
interesting ... when I'm on the booking page and I look at "View Seats" for this exact flight (DL2043 on 5 July) I see the old style seat map ... doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not
+1

LAX-RDU coming up and I have the old seat map.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
All the dark seats make it too hard to see. Another useless enhancement.
That's because they're taken. It doesn't matter if you see them or not, you're not selecting them either way.

I'm good with the changes.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Actually, after the seating maps looks much better when you give it more chance. More glancing? I am convinced that the dark color deemphasizes the seats that are selected actually makes logic sense. I am trying to convince myself.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
Wow. Everyone's a critic... You honestly preferred the white/blue squares?
Actually yeah. I preferred the seating chart to be as simple as possible so I didn't have to may much attention to it. There was already the option to click to find out more info about the location of the lavatories, galleys, seat offsets, etc. The display is much more busy now and forces the user to pay more attention. Sometimes less is more, and the white/blue squares gave the user all the info they needed.

On the scale of things it is pretty trivial, and I'll get used to it. I just liked the simplicity better.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
While I appreciate having detailed seat maps, using as many as four colors to represent a single occupied seat is simply unnecessary and distracting.

As for the tail numbers -- what purpose do these serve if they are wrong? At best they are amusing, and at worst they are confusing and misinformative.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.