Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Is there a way to tell if my Delta status was processed properly when using my number in an AM reservation? I'm checked into an AM coded flight for later today, I see my skymiles number and I'm a Platinum, but my boarding group is 5 and I don't see anything in the upgrade list on AM's app. The upgrade list I don't trust, but I'd assume as a Skyteam Elite Plus my boarding group would be higher? There's an apostrophe in my last name and this always causes issues, so I'm wondering if maybe AM isn't matching things properly.

Edit: asked about upgrade list at the airport counter in TIJ. Agent added me manually, she asked for my SM number and then printed a boarding pass for me. I then checked the AM app and saw my name in 11th place of the upgrade list. I could also now see Sky Priority on the boarding pass. Somehow my SM had not pulled this before. 6 people got upgraded at the gate.

Last edited by motoridersd; Jan 28, 2019 at 11:07 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:20 am

Looks like you may not need to contact AM chat to be assigned AM+ seats anymore as a Medallion member. Just booked JFK-MTY and included my SM number. When I logged in with my PNR, I was able to select seats for no cost. It said "Beneficio sin costo por ser Socio Platinum Delta Medallion". Will report back if the seats stick.
davetravels likes this.

Last edited by callaweii; Jan 29, 2019 at 10:33 am
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:14 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Are you added to the upgrade list automatically or do I need to contact anyone with them?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by callaweii
Looks like you may not need to contact AM chat to be assigned AM+ seats anymore as a Medallion member. Just booked JFK-MTY and included my SM number. When I logged in with my PNR, I was able to select seats for no cost. It said "Beneficio sin costo por ser Socio Platinum Delta Medallion". Will report back if the seats stick.
I booked another AM trip for April through the Chase UR portal. They added the numbers right, but it was added as AM instead of DL. A quick call to the call center fixed that and now I see that I can get an AM Plus seat as a Platinum member, but my companion on the same PNR does not get the benefit for free... The Delta Partner Benefit page for AM says that AM Plus seats are not included as a Preferred Seat benefit.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Are you added to the upgrade list automatically or do I need to contact anyone with them?
I had to do this at the airport a few weeks ago. We'll see what happens in April
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:40 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Got upgraded today mde-cun on a sunday seasonal route business was empty . Seemed like the upgrades were first come first serve as there was not a waitlist in this airport.
P.S does the upgrade cause issues for the mqm credit?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Platinum
Anybody has any experience being upgraded on a DL-marketed AM-operated flight (e.g. JFK-MEX on AM's 789) within the 120-hours window as Delta Platinum / Diamond?

Last edited by axr12345; Apr 22, 2019 at 10:28 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:26 pm

Doubtful

Originally Posted by axr12345
Anybody has any experience being upgraded on a DL-marketed AM-operated flight (e.g. JFK-MEX on AM's 789) within the 120-hours window as Delta Platinum / Diamond?
I don't think Delta Medallions get any advance upgrades to first. I believe you are also now behind any Aeromexico status passengers on the upgrade list. So don't count on anything. The one flight I tried I was pretty low on the list and no chance even on the 787. If you call or chat they will put you in AM plus however, at least as a diamond.

Dave
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:29 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
JFK-MEX is a tough route. Quite a few paid passengers and then it’s unclear exactly how AM upgrades work but does seem you are behind AM’s own elites. I’ve flown it a few times and came close once on the 787 departing MEX (where you can see your name on the upgrade list on screens at the gate; departing JFK it’s something of a mystery what’s happening), but never got it. I would be surprised if any upgrades were processed in advance on that route.

Old May 5, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kthomas
Quick update: of 8 O/Ws booked AM, 2 had problems with second segments, the rest upgraded at window. I hadn't noticed before: FWIW we seem to get roughly double raw miles accrual (for anyone who cares).

Quite an interesting election this time.
Was your flight DL-marketed & AM-operated?
How many days in advance did AM process your upgrade?
What were the routes where you got upgraded within the upgrade window?

I’m curious because i will be flying AM for the first time (DL-marketed) and was wondering they really do process medallion complimentary upgrades in advance as advertised on delta’s website.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by axr12345

Was your flight DL-marketed & AM-operated?
How many days in advance did AM process your upgrade?
What were the routes where you got upgraded within the upgrade window?

I’m curious because i will be flying AM for the first time (DL-marketed) and was wondering they really do process medallion complimentary upgrades in advance as advertised on delta’s website.
Yes, they do. However, at least one of the flights in the reservation has to be DL coded otherwise the system won't recognize upgrade requests if all the flights in your record are AM marketed.

I've been upgraded 5 days before, 3 days before...I've never even flown them JFK-MEX, but these were all connections from MEX to smaller cities (as I prefer to keep it on DL metal where I can).
Old May 11, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
AeroMexico Upgrades

I recently purchased a round trip ticket from IAH-MEX. I purchased it through DL with Delta flight numbers and DL 006 ticket stock. I wound up paying about $75 more vs the equivalent AM ticket for the same flights.

So my issue is around the difficulty of upgrades. I used to be able to message AM a few days ahead and I would be upgraded if “I” class or the equivalent upgrade class was available to Premier. I read that now DM can automatically be upgraded 5 days ahead.

On the outbound I was never ‘automatically’ upgraded even though my DL reservation shows ‘upgrade requested’ there were about 6 empty seats at check in and shockingly I wasn’t upgraded even though I explicitly asked to be placed on the upgrade list at checkin. When I checked at the gate they said no upgrades.

So fast forward to the return. I am now 3 days out and there are 10 seats open Premier and I am the only person in the front part of coach (there are only about 10 seats taken). I know that there are basic fares which won’t be assigned until checkin but those wouldn’t be upgraded anyway.

So my question is:
What is the deal?

i contacted AM and they are notoriously unhelpful and said that it looks like the upgrade is available but delta would have to process it. When I contact DL, they say it is up to Aeromexico and ‘rest assured’ it is showing upgrade requested.

I have zero confidence in this JV and honestly, received better service several years ago.

Does anyone have experience With this? What should I do? I’m not as concerned with the upgrade as I am with the baggage waiver that comes with it as I will have 2 heavy bags. Thank you.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM / Marriott Gold / Hertz Presidents / National Exec Elite
Delta Elite / Aeromexico Upgrade Questions

Hi All - Apologies if this is in the wrong forum (was debating between here and putting it other N/S American airlines).
I have two questions that I am hoping to get some wisdom on. Note: I am a DL PM
I have an Aeromexico ticketed/Aeromexico metal flight coming up tomorrow morning (AM401). Early AM today it showed up in my Delta app and allowed me to check in. That said now it shows me the same flight as two, one DL coded, one AM coded. The AM coded one shows me in main cabin with a seat assignment, the DL coded shows Premier with no seat assigned. Doing a dummy booking it looks like Premier is sold-out for that flight. Does that mean I have the upgrade and seats are blocked? Or its just a way of showing that I am on the list for the upgrade?
Another question is I got an offer to Bid for an upgrade on PlusGrade. I don't feel like paying $200+ for a 737-800 recliner when I already have a decent Economy Comfort seat, but if I did bid, and in general which takes priority? The bid or a PM upgrade?
Old May 23, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Existing thread -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...o-flights.html
Old May 29, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM / Marriott Gold / Hertz Presidents / National Exec Elite
Wanted to share my experience of booking an AM coded flight (operated by AM booked via Marriott vacations).
Flight was JFK- MEX and back, both legs on a 737-800. I am a DL PM.
Before the flight out I got an email offering me to bid for an upgrade to Premier starting at $245 each way, I decided not to do it.
On the way out I got a notification of the flight in my Delta App showing original seat assignment, and a second DL coded booking with no seat assignments but saying Premier.
The check in agent basically said that means you are on the upgrade list, and you are number 11 for 0 seats. The gate itself did not show the upgrade list, just that there were no free premier seats left.
On the way back I got upgraded about 2 days out (only notification was an email from Marriott Vacations, oddly enough). Going in the AM desktop site I was able to move around the seat as much as I wanted, and everything showed there. Note that on the way back the flight did not show up in my DL app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.