Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Follow-up on the mysterious ways of Aeromexico:

I have a "preferred seat"
I'm in Group 5 vs. SkyPriority (it's a Classic fare, so not a question of cheapest ticket)
I seem to be on the upgrade list for tomorrow but unclear if I was before check-in
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaster

I'm in Group 5 vs. SkyPriority (it's a Classic fare, so not a question of cheapest ticket)
I seem to be on the upgrade list for tomorrow but unclear if I was before check-in
What status are you with Delta if you don’t mind me asking? My flight is on Thursday and want to get ahead of the process. Thank you!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Lchen1989
What status are you with Delta if you don’t mind me asking? My flight is on Thursday and want to get ahead of the process. Thank you!
They are diamond. Says a few posts above my reply.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by snorkmaster

You got to be on Aeromexico about that upgrade list. My last flight last month I wasnt on the list when I checked in and had to ask the ticket agent to please add me. She was nice about it no troubles getting my name on the lsit.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by parzivalmx
So I was able to get free checked bag on 4 different flights this weekend. It was V fare (basic economy). Fairly easy, make sure your DL is printed on the BP and it shows sky priority (Elite Plus for free bag on V fare). Sometimes they have to ask some else and one time I had to show my Delta SkyMiles digital card. No upgrades on V fare, no seat selection. boarded on group 1 SkyPriority

Wondering if anyone else with Skyteam Elite status flying basic economy has a similar story especially regarding checked luggage.

Thank you!
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:33 pm

I'll be booking an AM flight soon, and can book it either through DL (006 number) or directly through AM. Which option gives me a better chance of the complimentary upgrade situation working as intended? I'm Platinum Medallion, not that I think the level of DL status matters in this case.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by lifeisart
Wondering if anyone else with Skyteam Elite status flying basic economy has a similar story especially regarding checked luggage.

Thank you!
I dont believe basic gets nothing but a heap air fare.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by forthecookies
I'll be booking an AM flight soon, and can book it either through DL (006 number) or directly through AM. Which option gives me a better chance of the complimentary upgrade situation working as intended? I'm Platinum Medallion, not that I think the level of DL status matters in this case.
Doesnt matter. But you may keed to call in and be put on the list or do it when you are at the airport. Sometimes status people arent put on the list unless asked. Welcome to the wonderful travels with Mexican companies where often times it's half assed.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:40 pm

AM Premier One?

I’m unclear from Delta’s language if I would be eligible for complementary upgrade via Diamond Medallion to AM Premier One on JFK-MEX. It’s clearly a yes for Clase Premier (First) but unclear on AM’s “D1” equivalent. Anyone have luck with this?

DL ticketed but AM operated. Purchased fare shows (SU)/(N)* and the upgrade in question shows as Premier One (D) on B787-9.

*Side note it might show as (SU)/(N) because of the DM preferred seat on AM economy. When I look to purchase the same ticket on DL, it shows as (U).

Gracias!
Old Jan 15, 2023, 5:14 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by miggiegg
I’m unclear from Delta’s language if I would be eligible for complementary upgrade via Diamond Medallion to AM Premier One on JFK-MEX. It’s clearly a yes for Clase Premier (First) but unclear on AM’s “D1” equivalent. Anyone have luck with this?

DL ticketed but AM operated. Purchased fare shows (SU)/(N)* and the upgrade in question shows as Premier One (D) on B787-9.

*Side note it might show as (SU)/(N) because of the DM preferred seat on AM economy. When I look to purchase the same ticket on DL, it shows as (U).

Gracias!
I’ve been on the upgrade list for that flight before so I think the answer is yes, though I don’t have a data point since before COVID. It can be a tough upgrade as that flight unsurprisingly attracts a lot of paid business class demand (and the upgrade list can be long with the big economy cabin); I have never cleared the upgrade before.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
I’ve been on the upgrade list for that flight before so I think the answer is yes, though I don’t have a data point since before COVID. It can be a tough upgrade as that flight unsurprisingly attracts a lot of paid business class demand (and the upgrade list can be long with the big economy cabin); I have never cleared the upgrade before.
Good to know, thanks for sharing! I booked this one for a Saturday afternoon. Less than 4 weeks out and there’s still 32/36 business seats opened so I’m hopeful!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Aeromexico Upgrade Fail

Had a great trip down to MEX last weekend. Flew DL to LAX and connected to the daily AM 787 to MEX. The flight down we were upgraded a few days out and there were no issues. On the return, we never cleared into Biz and about 24 hours out the 787-800 was subbed with a -900, sending us from row 21 to row 36. I called into the call center about our worse seats and the upgrade waitlist and was told that my Delta Platinum card needed to be verified at check-in (??). At check-in the next morning, I asked the agent about the upgrade list. He did lots of trying and said it was longer than the number of seats and I asked him to add us anyway. He was surprised when he did thet then said we were number 8 and there were 12 seats available. When we got to the gate, I asked about the upgrade and was told that if it happened it would automatically when I went through the readers -- but that did not happen. I stopped at the podium and after much typing and discussion they gave me a boarding pass for 4A but said they could not upgrade my companion because she did not appear on the upgrade waitlist. We argued for awhile but they gave me the choice of going with 1 seat in biz or none, but eventually moved one seat to 18F and we got on the plane. The business class cabin had 11 out of 36 seats open.... so there was no reason they could not have upgraded her.

Is this typical for flying Aeromexico? Was this a screw up by the check-in agent who failed to add both of us to the list? Was there really, nothing, they could have done? Or did I do something wrong? There was certainly no clearance at 120 hours as expected....
Old Feb 12, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Flying SJD-MEX-BJX next month and trying to ensure UG process goes smoothly. I booked directly through AM and have my and my companion's SkyMiles #s attached to the PNR. When I called to request a manual add to their upgrade list I was told I should wait for an email to arrive 'a week to a few days' prior to departure at which point I should call them to opt-in to any upgrade. This doesn't seem correct so curious if this guidance is accurate and/or what, if anything, I need to do. Ticket is booked in AM+ fare class and I'm GM with DL.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Flew CUN-NLU yesterday and me (DM) + companion (no status) were listed on the upgrade list automatically on the app a few hours before departure (but not at t-24). Upgrades cleared just before boarding. AM ticket # booked through travel agency, classic T fare.
Old May 14, 2023, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
HI all,

I know the delta terms include award tickets but does anyone know if a KL (074) award ticket would be eligible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.