Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New: Update to F Class for $$ Button on Existing Trips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Sorry if this has been posted

For the first time, I am seeing a black button (top of each domestic reservation under "my trips") to upgrade to F class for $XXX.XX.

The price seems to be the difference between the price I paid for my coach ticket (X class in this case) and the lowest F fare based on today's price for my flights. This isn't pulling RU inventory (one of the flights doesn't have RU). I assume the upgrade price will change as the price of the current F fares changes

So .. basically it is like upgrade to F class without paying a change fee.

Happydad
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver

Can confirm.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by samwise6222

Can confirm.
Thanks, samwise6222 for the screenshot. Someday I will learn how to insert pictures into my posts :-).
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The picture looks like you can only do this for the whole itinerary, not per direction or per segment. Although perhaps DL will offer it for the return after the outbound has been flown.

I wonder how often the price will go down as the travel date approaches.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I don't have it on my only upcoming trip. Perhaps the HA segment is throwing it off.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
Thats alot of money to upgrade on a 324 mile route with an RJ. Not really a bargain for such a short flight such as NY-Montreal
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I got that on a reservation I made a couple of days ago.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM
the real question is if you pay for the FC seat what fare class does that put you in? Do they give you the 150% MQM for a first class fare?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Theres another thread on this already started yesterday... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ade-miles.html
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fansvodka
the real question is if you pay for the FC seat what fare class does that put you in? Do they give you the 150% MQM for a first class fare?
Yes, in the email about the new offerings they said that MQM/RDM is based on cabin flown.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Theres another thread on this already started yesterday... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ade-miles.html
I could be wrong, but the thread I started is pay with $$ for existing reservations. The thread you linked to is pay with miles. Thanks :-)
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
not seeing this on my tickets purchased during the Boxing Day "sale" on expedia.ca

indeed seeing it for a reservation in August purchased on DL.com. offered at $447 one way for SMF-NYC, fare purchased was $130 one way in V class. this reasonably tracks the current offering for the lowest business fare on the same flights, which is pricing at $581 on google flights.

if anyone figures out whether these book into a new fare class that awards bonus MQMs, (eg, G/A/P/F) please post about it!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: DL PM
this is definitely limited to only select flights. looking at all my trips booked thru December I only see this option on 1 of my flights from LGA to IAH. Still would like confirmation that it does indeed book a first class fare instead of some upgrade fare
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by happydad100
I could be wrong, but the thread I started is pay with $$ for existing reservations. The thread you linked to is pay with miles. Thanks :-)
There are a few similar threads related to these upgrade for cash or upgrade with miles features... I got the link to the wrong one but there are others with this same info
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:27 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I decided to bite the bullet and paid for an upgrade for a flight this weekend. I don't remember the original fare class, but it booked into A after the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.