Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blank upgrade lists on iPhone App?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Blank upgrade lists on iPhone App?

My app was working on Saturday, but the upgrade list is blank for today's flights on both of my iPhones. It shows seat availability, but the passenger names/order area is a blank white screen.

I just checked in for tomorrow's flights and the lists for those also aren't working. I deleted and reinstalled the app and there has been no change.

Anyone else having this problem today?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM HH Gold Marriott Gold IHG Spire
Same here..
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was having issues with the app for flights Saturday night. My name was missing and the list appeared to show an incomplete subset of people on the list. The web app showed the usual combined standby and upgrade list.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: DL-DM SPG-plat
In the app, early this morning for an evening flight today, it was blank. Now there is one person.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
This is because Delta has changed their backend IT to code all medallion upgrades as UPGR instead of the respective UP3D, UP3, UP4 codes. They are managing the upgrade priority order on the back end. This change was slowly rolled out on Sat as far as I can tell.

This has resulted in the web/phone apps not showing anyone on the UG list due to the new UG priority coding.

Last edited by langbr01; Jun 9, 2014 at 11:17 am
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by langbr01
This is because Delta has changed their backend IT to code all medallian upgrades as UPGR instead of the respective UP3D, UP3, UP4 codes. They are managing the upgrade priority order on the back end. This change was slowly rolled out on Sat as far as I can tell.

This has resulted in the web/phone apps not showing anyone on the UG list due to the new UG priority coding.
That's a real crappy way of changing a behind-the-scenes feature, but then again, not much more can be expected out of DL I(dio)T.
I mean, the forum is filled of UG list threads
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Yeah, I'm experiencing this too. There are currently three people on the UG list on the app for my MSP-BOS flight tomorrow — all from the same family so probably on the same itinerary. I assure you, that flight has never gone out with just three people awaiting upgrades.

I tweeted with DeltaAssist and they say all looks normal and to check the website. Which, I am listed on the website, but who knows where I actually am on the list. Fortunately, I never expect an upgrade on this route because it's damn near impossible.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Get ready for other implementation issues taking a while for us to notice... one I'm guessing is the upgrade priority was incorrectly implemented with everyone having the same code. That also makes it virtually impossible to know where you're supposed to be vs where you are in the order. At least SWUs still get the UP2A/UP2B.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
All the better to Shena you with, my dear.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I am on the GNV-ATL flight, DL5489 and SDC'd to this later one last night. At t-10 to boarding, DL.dumb had me as 1 of 12 for an upgrade with 3 seats available. I'm sitting in 5C on the CR9 and F is full.

Not sure what happened - this is not a Medallion heavy route and seats fly empty up front quite frequently. I hope Shena didn't intervene. Hopefully the UG system doesn't have me coded as a FO.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:46 pm

I was 15 this morning and got upgraded first MSP to LAS. iPhone app was blank, online list unreliable. Meh. I'm happy with the result though.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Just checked in for my itinerary tomorrow; the first flight is DCA-DTW; the upgrade list shows 3 seats in F available, but no names. I'm 3 out of 6 on delta.com. Wasn't expecting an upgrade on this route, but who knows.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade list started showing up on my app before the departure of DL 1553 and I was showing has #2 for 4 seats and secured the upgrade, so I suspect there were a few late check-ins on the GNV-ATL trip who were PM on a higher fare or DMs. I got the ATL-SEA UG after SDCing twice, so I'm happy. Smooth ride thus far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.