Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning on receipts on DL.com!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Thumbs down Warning on receipts on DL.com!!!

I was unable to look up receipts further back than April 2014. I just spoke with a phone agent and was told that receipts from before April 2014 have been archived and will require a $20 look up fee.

I haven't tried phone roulette, but the phone agent said she can't see them and requests have to be done via email.

This is exceptionally frustrating as it conflicts with what's posted on delta.com where it says "Historical ticket, baggage receipts, and receipts for other purchases made through delta.com from the past 24 months can also be accessed via delta.com using the My Receipts feature, if you have a delta.com account." (https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...care-faqs.html - "How do I obtain a ticket receipt for past date travel").

I sent in a comment via delta.com and encourage others to do the same. This is a very frustrating change and could be problematical as it will require much more diligent record keeping for business travelers.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:41 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Weird . . . .

I was looking for an old receipt last nite, and had no problem, so, I just checked again, and did a quick search using Jan 2, 2014 as a test date, and they're all in there.

edited to add . . . .

I just changed the date search to 2013 and they're all there - - 89 receipts. and I randomly clicked on one from Aug 2013, and all of the details DO, indeed come up!

Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have receipts going back 2 years (123 receipts from June 5, 2012 - June 4, 2014). Just selected the custom date search under "My Receipts".
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Another solution looking for a problem.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Another "improvement" from delta dot dumb

Work around is to have receipts emailed to you when you book tickets and then archive them. That's the only way I can tell 'for sure' that a reservation 'took'.

I also cut and paste them to my calendar as part of notes related to events.

Bob H
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Appears not everyone's receipts have been archived then (yet?). The rep I spoke with said I wasn't the only one to have this problem, and I just tired custom searching dates and still only see 3 of my receipts (all from April 2014 or newer).

I'll start saving my business receipts from now on at time of booking.

On a plus side, I do have the email of the booking with a price on it... not the ideal receipt but I do have something for the records.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The $20 lookup fee for receipts is nothing new, but you're supposed to be able to go back 2 years online without needing to submit a request or be charged a fee... mine are all still there, so don't know what's up. I can't really see them ripping this functionality out given they built it up quite nicely in the past few years...
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
So I checked my receipts and they only went back to March. "Oh noes!"

But then I saw the little box on the right with a date range and it was pre filled to only show the last three months. So I changed it to 1/1/13 thru today and they all showed up (well, I'm guessing they all did but many did )

Added: Never noticed that I have a receipt for $0 for every EC seat I've picked. Interesting.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
But then I saw the little box on the right with a date range and it was pre filled to only show the last three months. So I changed it to 1/1/13 thru today and they all showed up (well, I'm guessing they all did but many did )
. . . . and when I tried (a few times) to change the "FROM" date, when I clicked on the "TO" date, the "FROM" date changed back to 3/1/2014 magically, so, I had to "TAB" out of the "FROM" date box, for some reason, so that the "FROM" date wouldn't change on its own. Maybe it's a Firefox thing.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by davetravels
. . . . and when I tried (a few times) to change the "FROM" date, when I clicked on the "TO" date, the "FROM" date changed back to 3/1/2014 magically, so, I had to "TAB" out of the "FROM" date box, for some reason, so that the "FROM" date wouldn't change on its own. Maybe it's a Firefox thing.
I use firefox and today it works fine. I remember it being tricky before in that the calendar box covered the Search button and it wasn't clickable except in a very small corner. You can enter the dates manually without using the calendar box, and IIRC that worked fine.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

I'm doing the same thing and now getting different results, so this appears to have been resolved now on my account. Hopefully this was just an intermittent problem with DL.com.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by jb008
Hopefully this was just an intermittent problem with DL.com.
Naaaah! DL's computers are perrrrrfect!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.