Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club at Terminal 2: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle

Going through JFK to LAX early next week and according to the SC "Locations" page, the T2 SC has been closed for renovations, but perhaps it's reopened. Here's why I say "perhaps."
"*Club will be undergoing renovations January 10th – 13th and will be CLOSED. The Gate 12 Club in T3 will be open from 5am while the T2 Club is closed. The Club will re-open with regular operating hours on Thursday, January 14th. Thanks for your patience as we create an improved club experience for you."
As today is Thursday but January 14th doesn't occur on a Thursday until 2016, I'm not sure what to make of this. Is it open? If so, what renovations were done?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
I was in it this past saturday morning, I could not enjoy my there since the stupid fire alarm went off for no reason at around 7 30 am
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
I'm going through JFK this afternoon and am intending to use the T2 Sky Club. Has anyone used it today or know if its open?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Scheduled to be done by Jan 13. New carpets supposedly, according to an SC agent when I passed through last week.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:39 pm
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Closed Tuesday pm but lights were on and from what I could see looked like it might be close but view was limited from ground.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:40 am

Pre-flight food in Sky Club T2 JFK?

My JFK-LHR departure has been changed to 8:50 pm. Will there be any food available after, say, 7:30, in the T2 Sky Club?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
IMO, the best food in ATL is available on the T concourse. Just outside the SC. ^
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by dd992emo
IMO, the best food in ATL is available on the T concourse. Just outside the SC. ^
And this relates to JFK T2 how???

OP: Yes, there will be light snacks available and the food from the paid menu should be available as well. Don't know what time they stop serving.

Safe travels.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
JFK Sky CLub T2 across from gate 27

Was there yesterday, what a dump, over crowded, flithy, lousy snack offerings, riding the elevator is a realy experience, sounds like you just might get stuck!

Restrooms need some serious attention, looked like they belonged out in the termonal and not inside the club. Man the US based Sky Clubs are really falling off fast lately!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Sounds terrible. Sorry.

I had decent visits to 3 different clubs last week (2 in ATL, 1 in DTW), and was quite happy. So perhaps not all US-based clubs are going to the dogs (yet).

Do register an official complaint, however futile that might be.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by craig44485
Was there yesterday, what a dump, over crowded, flithy, lousy snack offerings, riding the elevator is a realy experience, sounds like you just might get stuck!

Restrooms need some serious attention, looked like they belonged out in the termonal and not inside the club. Man the US based Sky Clubs are really falling off fast lately!
You say this as if the T2 skyclub used to be some masterpiece of luxury and calm before? It's the same as it ever was; even got spruced up a tiny, tiny bit when they tried to introduce food at some point.

It's better than the tiny downstairs club by gate 10 in T3.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta: Gold, Marriott: Silver
Sounds about right for the T2 club, however still better than ATL's B10.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CTJoyce
Sounds about right for the T2 club, however still better than ATL's B10.
ATL B10 is tiny and therefore frequently (always?) overcrowded, but the space itself is nice enough—certainly better than any of the JFK SkyClubs, in my opinion.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I've had good experiences in this club in the morning, during a layover from a transatlantic to a domestic. Its not always overcrowded and there are some good staff.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I've had good experiences in this club in the morning, during a layover from a transatlantic to a domestic. Its not always overcrowded and there are some good staff.
Front desk staff are great I agree, well, most of them anyway, but the whole place just felt dirty like it needed a good cleaning, I too visit it frequently on US >TPAC layovers, but the restrooms are normally discusting, may be a combo of over use and lack of up keep? Urine all over the seats and floor, toliets not flushed, out of tp and paper towels. As for the "food" offerings, its just your normal Sky Club offerings which seem to leave one hungry more often than not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.