Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta 757 International Config Review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta 757 International Config Review

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by gooselee
This guy is denoted as 75S on DL.com, right? I'm guessing the best way to identify if you have this on your route is the 4 rows of F/BE? (IME, the layflat icons shown in various places aren't necessarily reliable on the website).
Yes it is labeled as 75S, but without flatbed icons the seat map in F/J will look identical to a 75E. The way to differentiate the 75S is the large EC section extending to row 25 (instead of only row 22 on the 75E), as well as the absence of seats 35ABC on the 75S.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
A question for the OP, were the lavs redone?
Old May 8, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
That aisle looks TIGHT!

This guy is denoted as 75S on DL.com, right? I'm guessing the best way to identify if you have this on your route is the 4 rows of F/BE? (IME, the layflat icons shown in various places aren't necessarily reliable on the website).
I don't think you can tell at this point by the BE layout. I believe, however, that these reconfigured planes have EC that goes to about Row 25.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Mark Fetters
Any questions please ask.
Thanks for sharing! Did you take a gander at the Y cabin as well? I wonder whether the placement of row 19 has been fixed so that the aircraft door no longer obstructs legroom for seat 19A (which on the 75E is probably the worst seat in Delta's fleet).
Old May 8, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
The angled seats in J also have 4 rows of J so you can't go by that. I am told that EC on the newly configured 757 goes back to row 25 so thats an easy way to tell... Look at EC and if you see that it goes back to row 25 then your golden.
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Yes it is labeled as 75S, but without flatbed icons the seat map in F/J will look identical to a 75E. The way to differentiate the 75S is the large EC section extending to row 25 (instead of only row 22 on the 75E), as well as the absence of seats 35ABC on the 75S.
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I don't think you can tell at this point by the BE layout. I believe, however, that these reconfigured planes have EC that goes to about Row 25.
Well that was quick.

Thanks all!
Old May 8, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by atl runner
Thanks for all the great pictures, and the review. Do we know when all of the 757s that are used TATL will be converted to this lie-flat configuration,
The 75E to 75S conversions are expected to be done by Summer 2015. They should have 3 done by this July, and the others will start to go into mods after the summer peak.

Originally Posted by atl runner
For instance, I would consider getting to ARN through JFK on DAL once I was guaranteed of a seat like this. Until then, no way I would pay for the current crappy 757 TATL BE seating. BA through LHR is a much better option.
So far, the only TATL 757 flight scheduled with this new reconfigured 75S bird is JFK-SNN. If you have the Delta Desktop timetable, you can tell the 75S-operated flights by the aircraft type code of 75W.
BUt of course with just a fleet of 3 this summer, it will be difficult to guarantee that one will always have it on SNN.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Thanks for the pictures, OP.

These look exactly like American's new "Business Class" on the Transcon-A321, right?

Very nice.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:27 am
Used to be 'Mark Fetters'
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
A question for the OP, were the lavs redone?
I have only been on one 757E before years ago. The bathrooms seem a little newer. Doors are nice and the bathroom has a thing where you wave you hand and it flushes also sensory for the sink.

Seat 19 does seem a little further back I would of sat there in row 19 if I had to.

They also have the Delta logo like the 739 in first class but it's on the mid lavs.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:41 am

Doors are nice and the bathroom has a thing where you wave you hand and it flushes also sensory for the sink.
Definitely sounds like they are new.

Seat 19 does seem a little further back I would of sat there in row 19 if I had to.
Thanks for the report. Glad to see that DL is finally fixing this seat!
Old May 8, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
The only specific route commitment I've seen for the refurbished plane is on JFK-LAX, starting July 1.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Great report!

I will be trying the new config on a LAX-JFK flight in July. I have chosen 4C as it seems to be the seat with the most "privacy" The right rows go back a little furtherthen the left, right? And 4C will be positioned a few inches behind 4D, right?

I guess I might have to reevaluate my decision and go for 4B? What do you think? I prefer the last row and aisle..

Any suggestions? All other seats are open at the moment.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
The only specific route commitment I've seen for the refurbished plane is on JFK-LAX, starting July 1.
you would think Delta would throw it on SEA and get rid of the 1 or 2 757 F equiped planes.

you would think Delta would rescind the upgrade policy on JFK to SEA until all the birds have been refurbished, or at least until they can garauntee a BE equiped plane.

Last edited by DL2SXM; May 8, 2014 at 1:03 pm
Old May 8, 2014, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Was the mood lighting installed throughout the entire aircraft?
Old May 9, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The 75E to 75S conversions are expected to be done by Summer 2015. They should have 3 done by this July, and the others will start to go into mods after the summer peak.
I thought all the Tcon 752's were supposed to be done by late 2014 (when originally announced)?
Old May 9, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
How do the window seat passengers escape?
+1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.