Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Individual Skyclub memberships now available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Medialia Platina

Got the email from Delta about 30 minutes ago.

And it does appear on the SC membership page when I log into my account. For Silvers, it's $450 or 60,000 miles.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
SELECT THE BEST CLUB MEMBERSHIP FOR YOU.
We've missed you at the Club and want you to be the first to know about some exciting news.

Our improvements to Delta Sky Club® continue with the launch of a new option that creates more choice and flexibility: the Individual Membership.

Now available for $450 annually, this membership allows unlimited member access. Guest access is available for up to two people accompanying the member for $29 per guest per visit. The Individual Membership is perfect if you typically travel alone and rarely need guest access.

If frequent guest access is important to you, consider the Club's Executive Membership, which allows unlimited access for the member and two guests for $695 annually.

With more options now available, we're confident you'll find the one that works for you. Visit delta.com/skyclub to purchase your Club membership today.

We hope to see you back at the Club soon.

CLUB NEWS & UPDATES >
Old May 1, 2014, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
"More choice and flexibility"... the spin machine at work
Old May 1, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler; NWA Refugee; Hilton Gold
Flexibility Comes at a Price

The $695 for an "Executive" membership is about what a three
year membership used to cost. YMMV with elite discounts. Not
sure I've noticed a club experience that is three times better.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by bstreeter
The $695 for an "Executive" membership is about what a three year membership used to cost. YMMV with elite discounts. Not sure I've noticed a club experience that is three times better.
Apart from death and taxes, the one constant in life is -change.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
... the spin machine at work
For this I prefer:
"membership allows unlimited member access"
Old May 1, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
I let my membership lapse in January (actually, just day(s) before the announced changes I think, which conveniently, as I recall, took place immediately - could have saved some $$$ had I just renewed). Anyways, I just logged-in, as I didn't get an e-mail, and my price would also be $450/60,000. No discount for a PM? Kind of weird. Also, why didn't I just buy that NW lifetime when I could have? Dumb.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
I let my membership lapse in January (actually, just day(s) before the announced changes I think, which conveniently, as I recall, took place immediately - could have saved some $$$ had I just renewed). Anyways, I just logged-in, as I didn't get an e-mail, and my price would also be $450/60,000. No discount for a PM? Kind of weird. Also, why didn't I just buy that NW lifetime when I could have? Dumb.
My situation is almost identical. Since I have let my membership lapse, I really haven't missed it. At many airports, DL has put in extra outlets in the gate area seats and many airports now have free wireless (ATL being a notable exception) so I get to check in online. The Sky Club agents are less empowered, and I dare say less knowledgeable, than before. I don't drink as much these days so I don't feel that I will be eating enough olives/cheese/celery to make up $450 (much less $695).

I'm curious: Do you think you will renew?
Old May 1, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I get my membership for free and couldn't tell you the last time I was in a Club. I go to a quiet restaurant, with good wine and an electrical outlet and much happier.

Delta did me a big favor with all their changes, no more MR, no more caring as much about status and miles as it doesn't mean what it used too. Giving me much more time at home and realizing, I like my weekends here again.
Old May 1, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens
Now available for $450 annually, this membership allows unlimited member access. Guest access is available for up to two people accompanying the member for $29 per guest per visit.

If frequent guest access is important to you, consider the Club's Executive Membership, which allows unlimited access for the member and two guests for $695 annually.
I can't imagine paying this, especially now with the horrible beer/wine/liquor selections. One can only eat so many carrots and cheese/crackers. The DL (and UA) lounges have become really pathetic.
Old May 1, 2014, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Currently PM and DM get a $100 discount and GM $50 discount on the executive membership. No discount for anyone on the individual.

For the current amenities and access allowed for the club, the new prices are insane. They've jacked it way up, still have basically the same things in there (no word on outcome of the trial food/service program), and cut 3rd party lounge access unless you're on a BE ticket.
Old May 1, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA

Delta did me a big favor with all their changes, no more MR, no more caring as much about status and miles as it doesn't mean what it used too. Giving me much more time at home and realizing, I like my weekends here again.
As you should! I know some people love flying but it gets old and every week I just can't wait to get home to my wife and family. All the changes definitely should help people realize that family is more important than status and MRs.

On topic, it's nice they finally put up the new option as the memberships have been selling for $695 the past few months. Flying home today I didn't realize too big a difference in the LAX club when I briefly stopped in - it was pretty busy as it generally seems to be. Wonder if anyone else has noticed some thinning in the clubs as the AMEX guest privileges changed today. I'm hoping the clubs become a little more quiet and a retreat from the terminal - seems the past few years the terminals have improved with power outlets, nice restaurants, comfortable seating and free wifi while SCs have been going the opposite direction.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens
Got the email from Delta about 30 minutes ago.

And it does appear on the SC membership page when I log into my account. For Silvers, it's $450 or 60,000 miles.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
SELECT THE BEST CLUB MEMBERSHIP FOR YOU.
We've missed you at the Club and want you to be the first to know about some exciting news.

Our improvements to Delta Sky Club® continue with the launch of a new option that creates more choice and flexibility: the Individual Membership.

Now available for $450 annually, this membership allows unlimited member access. Guest access is available for up to two people accompanying the member for $29 per guest per visit. The Individual Membership is perfect if you typically travel alone and rarely need guest access.

With more options now available, we're confident you'll find the one that works for you. Visit delta.com/skyclub to purchase your Club membership today.

We hope to see you back at the Club soon.

CLUB NEWS & UPDATES >
Interesting that the Executive membership mentions two guests but not entire family. We can only hope that this is true......
Old May 1, 2014, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I go to a quiet restaurant
In a Delta hub?
Old May 1, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec. Plat., HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle, Starwood Gold, etc.
... never mind, I found the other thread. Sorry
Old May 1, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I think I paid $650 cash in October, 2013 (which for me was a better deal than cashing miles) for a one-year renewal (actually we got an extra month free because they had a promotion going on) for myself and my wife (who also travels extensively on her own on the Big D). Both of us can guest 2 people on our respective cards.

Now, DL will want $900 from us, as they are discontinuing this type of membership, and we won't get to guest anyone in anymore. As both of us still enjoy the clubs, we'll probably pay for 2015 to see how it goes. Remember that the IRS a few years ago ruled that you can't write off airport club membership dues as a legitimate travel expense, which is utterly ridiculous, because club membership has saved my business travel experiences during IRROPS many, many times. So the price raise is not offset by a tax write-off. Since they are raising the price 50%, I wish they would consider the following:

1. Self-service soft drinks in all clubs. I saw a self-serve computerized Coke machine dispensing 100 varieties of Coke products in the ATL A17 club last weekend. Please place these in all your clubs.

2. I was in the C12 club in MSP this morning on a 3 hour layover and really liked the self-service bar. I'd rather have a self-service bar than a bar where you are basically compelled to tip for every drink. I know this is not possible in every state (my home state of Virginia being a prime example), but they ought to reinstate it for the complimentary drinks, and have a bartender for the pay drinks.

3. Reinstate the powers that your club concierges once had to resolve IRROP situations. Some of the "old hands" will really help you, but many of the newer concierges won't or can't.

4. Stop dismantling the business carrels; these are very useful, and, since I can't bring guests in without a $29 payment, I'll be using the clubs more and more by myself, and I'd like a touch of privacy now and then.

5. Since you are charging more, please use the extra money to open or reopen clubs in busy Delta stations such as BWI, STL, BHM, DEN and PHX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.