FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Changed Expiry Date SkyClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1573588-changed-expiry-date-skyclub.html)

Bicostal May 1, 2014 1:11 pm

Changed Expiry Date SkyClub

Checked My Wallet today and it now has a blue replication of the SkyClub card (with Exec on it) but with an expiration date that is one year SOONER (2015 not 2016) than the "brown" card I have in my real wallet.

Anyone else notice this recently? Given the change in guest policy and the difference between an individual and the supposed grandfathered Exec membership, it makes a difference.

rylan May 1, 2014 1:23 pm

I just looked and in fact I'm missing multiple years from my membership. In fact it says it expires Aug of this year which makes absolutely no sense!

I'll have to confirm from my actual card which is at home, but if I recall correctly it says at least 2019.

Hope this is just a bug and I don't have to go fighting to try to get those additional purchased years credited back on.

EDIT: Looked on the DL app through my phone and the old card shows up with correct 7/2019 exp date.

iamhereandthere May 1, 2014 1:23 pm

Mine is showing later this year and that is definitely not right. Mine was valid through 3/19 prior to this year's DM year (2015) which I just hit on Saturday.

xliioper May 1, 2014 1:42 pm

Mine shows wrong on the card, but correctly on the membership renewal page -- https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...Request.action
Note that the new Individual membership is now available for purchase.

iamhereandthere May 1, 2014 2:04 pm

Mine shows the same on the renewal page. After adding for DM 2015 (which is still an Exec membership) I won't expire until sometime in early 2020.

socrates May 2, 2014 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Bicostal (Post 22793603)
Checked My Wallet today and it now has a blue replication of the SkyClub card (with Exec on it) but with an expiration date that is one year SOONER (2015 not 2016) than the "brown" card I have in my real wallet.

Anyone else notice this recently? Given the change in guest policy and the difference between an individual and the supposed grandfathered Exec membership, it makes a difference.

mine says it's good through "12/31/2079"...I believe that's always been the year they've used for lifetime memberships (I seem to recall them always ending in a '9')

AJDelvarno May 2, 2014 10:15 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 22793677)
EDIT: Looked on the DL app through my phone and the old card shows up with correct 7/2019 exp date.

Ditto. Correct date on my phone, incorrect date on delta.com.

squatch May 2, 2014 10:27 am

incorrect expiration dates, incorrect upgrade lists, useless award booking... the web site must be striving for 100% non-functionality

elkapong May 2, 2014 12:16 pm

Mine says it expires 06/26/2014. Definitely not right.

gb88 May 2, 2014 1:40 pm

Is anyone phoning Delta to correct the expiration dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicostal View Post

I've experienced exactly the same thing, except mine shows an expiration of 2014 instead of 2015. Is anyone doing anything about this? Should I phone Delta to correct this?????

gb88 May 2, 2014 1:46 pm

Just to add to what I wrote above - My Wallet on the DL website shows Executive membership expiring 7/14. My Wallet on the DL app shows a blue card (no mention of Executive) expiring 7/15. The card that was sent to me many months ago is a brown card and expires 7/15. Should I phone Delta to try to correct these discrepancies? Are we all grandfathered in as "Executive" members if we renewed prior to this being an option?

iamhereandthere May 2, 2014 2:12 pm

We are grandfathered, yes, and I would bother calling. I'm sure it's an enhancement on the website that they have yet to fix. The Delta app should still show your real expiration date.

rylan May 2, 2014 3:14 pm

Delta IT is just using their customers as beta testers like usual...

Xeno May 2, 2014 3:22 pm

DL web says 12/31/14. iP app says 6/23/16. The physical card probably says through 2/15.

gb88 May 2, 2014 3:24 pm

Just phoned Delta. They noted the discrepancies and phoned various departments, but could not get an answer. Suggested I either contact delta.com support or speak to an agent at a Sky Club. I checked my Skymiles account and see that I renewed my membership in 12/13 (prior to the announcement about the Sky Club changes), so my membership should be good until 7/15 (as the card mailed to me reflects). I just want to be sure that the "Executive" status is grandfathered in, which it SHOULD! I just want to see it in writing somewhere!