FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   More schedule changes than usual on Saturday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1572192-more-schedule-changes-than-usual-saturday.html)

Xeno Apr 26, 2014 12:12 pm

More schedule changes than usual on Saturday

We all know to check schedule changes on Saturday, but I had 5 segments change on two upcoming international tickets (June and July). 3 or 4 of the 5 changes came in the last hour while I was on the phone refining my trip to GVA.

Nothing changed on the international segments, but it seems almost all my flights in and out of ATL changed.

So check your itineraries or you may lose your favorite seat. I keep waiting for an FTer to release my fav seats on ATL-AMS and AMS-DTW (yes, I do have EF alerts).:)

southpaw1227 Apr 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Yeah, had some fairly significant changes on a trip coming up in June. Take a look!

jrkmsp Apr 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Ugh. My June trip went from being 757 out, MD-90 back to 737 out, A320 back. Going from my two favorite domestic planes to my two least favorite domestic planes. And the flights all got slightly retimed in the wrong direction. Leave home earlier, get home later. Seriously annoying schedule change.

jsbh Apr 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks. Schedules for 4/4 segments in August itinerary were unchanged but seating for 2/4 changed (and required updating).

PV_Premier Apr 26, 2014 2:31 pm

thanks for the heads up, i had one for June that slipped under MCT for DTW, it was a two stop so this gives us the opportunity to switch it to a one stop that gets home at a little more civilized hour :) ^

KevinDTW Apr 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I had one schedule change (making the flight slightly less convenient, of course) that also resulted in a seat change.

mot29 Apr 26, 2014 3:19 pm

I got two, domestic legs of a return ICN-SEA-JFK-DCA. One minute later arrival on SEA-JFK and 5minutes JFK-DCA.
I was actually hoping for a change on the outbound, to allow me go make a change, but didn't happen yet.

peersteve Apr 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Kudos to Xeno, as usual.....
(Can I call on you to help plan our next DL points RTW ex-OKC?
Although I should check partner intl routes out of DFW or IAH before next time.....that non-stop on Korean Air from DFW to ICN would have been quite pleasant!)

Pharaoh Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm

No schedule change for me but I lost my coveted 7A on a 777 due to the change of a couple rows of BE to Y seating. :(

Throw Down Your Leavy Screens Apr 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Nothing major for me, just a 9-minute departure change on ATL-SEA in late June. (which works out for the better for me)

Although I do have to say it's now the 3rd schedule change to this itinerary since I booked it in November to take advantage of the double MQM's out of SEA for west-coast flights. Change #2 left me with a negative connection time in MSP, which forced the routing change to ATL. :rolleyes:

DL-Don Apr 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pharaoh (Post 22766714)
No schedule change for me but I lost my coveted 7A on a 777 due to the change of a couple rows of BE to Y seating. :(

I had the same thing happen to me on three 777 flights associated with a trip to SIN and NRT. Called the DM line and they actually put me back into either 7A or 7D. I'm amazed!!

brocklee9000 Apr 26, 2014 7:52 pm

I've noticed similar happenings over the past year or so. I have yet to actually have a schedule change that severely impacts my travel days or times, but I have had a handful of unfortunate downgauges out of SLC from 757s to A320s :( which crushed any hope of upgrades, and led to a scramble to make sure I still had good seats. If I'm lucky, DL calls me with a vague schedule change recording, I notice the departure is a little different, and the seatmap is the same, and since I was notified immediately (or at least as soon as the system decided to notify anyone), I could still get a good bulkhead or other seat, assuming the system hadn't magically kept me in a comparable seat.

PV_Premier Apr 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens (Post 22766899)
Although I do have to say it's now the 3rd schedule change to this itinerary since I booked it in November

similar. i have been brutalized by schedule changes on bookings made earlier this year, and just like UA, no notification to the fact from DL... :rolleyes:

kreneskyp Apr 26, 2014 9:04 pm

I had a fun one. One segment of a trip disappeared from both dl.com and the app. The agent I spoke to said he could still see it on his end but reissued the ticket just to be sure.

Pharaoh Apr 27, 2014 9:48 am

Originally Posted by DL-Don (Post 22766996)
I had the same thing happen to me on three 777 flights associated with a trip to SIN and NRT. Called the DM line and they actually put me back into either 7A or 7D. I'm amazed!!

I also called and pleaded my case (and the agent thanked me for being a MM
several times). He moved it up to supervisor and they did seem to take a while to try to solve the problem. Came back and said they looked at every A seat and all now had DMs and they could not override the automated process which did that. But they found a non-MM FO in a forward K seat and shuffled me there. And at the end they offered 5K miles' compensation which I gracefully accepted. No major harm, so I won't call foul.