Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I thought I read somewhere that MU was now participating in prechek, but not listed on the TSA www site? Anyone have success in getting KTN into an MU record. I was able to use the Garuda www site to get my DL ff number in and Expedia, where I booked the ticket has my KTN. But not sure that it passed to MU. Maybe will require another call and hold with the MU phone line?
Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by audidudi
The instructions to access the on-board WiFi are in the in-flight magazine.To get on the WiFi, first connect to CE-AIR in WiFi Settings, type in the web address that is shown in the magazine (apologies as I've forgotten the web address!), type in your seat # and finally type in the last four #s of your passport! I just used it from LAX>PVG>LAX recently and it worked perfectly! You can access virtually the whole web, including Messages, Messenger, Viber, WhatsApp, WeChat, and online games like Wordfeud etc.
Awesome! That's great to know for next time! Thanks!

OPS
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by mattya9
Awesome! That's great to know for next time! Thanks!

OPS
One note. As far as I know Google is blocked by the Great Firewall. If you browser us set to that as default you might see a Mandarin error message.
mattya9 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mattya9
... The one thing that really annoyed me, and this might seem quite picky, is there was no way to turn the light down/off for the seat control buttons. There were a couple times I woke up and the cabin was almost completely dark except for these buttons shining brightly in my face...
You are so right, I noticed this as well- what a goofy thing. When fully reclined, those seat control button lights are right in your face. My solution was to lean my cell phone or kindle there, which worked well for me.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by ULDB65
The MU miles, MQMs and MQDs posted into my DL account just 3 days after the flights.
Same with me (with China MU inland flight), it even take less than 3 days.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
For intra China trips, ctrip is very useful because they can make magic happen during irrops.
As far as I can tell they don't show the fare class the tickets are though when selecting flights? Kind of hard to know what you can get credited (if at all) to Delta without that.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DetR6oit
As far as I can tell they don't show the fare class the tickets are though when selecting flights? Kind of hard to know what you can get credited (if at all) to Delta without that.
If you hover over the change conditions link, the fare class shows at the bottom of the resulting popup, e.g.:

舱位(T):票面¥460/人
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by ULDB65
You are so right, I noticed this as well- what a goofy thing. When fully reclined, those seat control button lights are right in your face. My solution was to lean my cell phone or kindle there, which worked well for me.
That's a design fault from the seat manufacturer of course, not MU's fault! To avoid the lights issue, I used the eye shades from the amenity kit, which block out all light! That's what they are there for!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
For those of us that need to fly/within China on a regular basis hopefully the news that CZ is leaving ST - and likely headed to OW - will encourage MU’s management even more to keep things improving.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by CoMooter
For those of us that need to fly/within China on a regular basis hopefully the news that CZ is leaving ST - and likely headed to OW - will encourage MU’s management even more to keep things improving.
What makes you think CZ is moving to OW?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:00 am

What makes you think CZ is moving to OW?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...rtnership.html

still conjecture on OW...but writing is on the wall...they will not stay unaligned and there is likely already a ‘plan’ as they are too big. CX is an open question on this one, but they likely have already been ‘consulted/advised’ as well on this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:02 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...rtnership.html

still conjecture on OW...but writing is on the wall...they will not stay unaligned and there is likely already a ‘plan’ as they are too big.
CX has veto power.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:10 am

CX has veto power.
...and they both eventually answer to CAAC directly - or indirectly (through CA in CX’s case). Again, logic would indicate there is already a plan. CZ is just too big and the mainland is a huge gap for OW and they know it.

And, to add to the mix CX has been ‘bleeding’ as of late...

China Southern leaves SkyTeam, planning to join oneworld
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:15 am

...and they both eventually answer to CAAC directly - or indirectly (through CA in CX’s case). Again, logic would indicate there is already a plan. CZ is just too big and the mainland is a huge gap for OW and they know it.

And, to add to the mix CX has been ‘bleeding’ as of late...

China Southern leaves SkyTeam, planning to join oneworld
CA already owns 30% of CX, and codeshares extensively. I'm not sure what would motivate them to invite intra alliance rivalry in either *A or OW.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:28 am

CA already owns 30% of CX, and codeshares extensively. I'm not sure what would motivate them to invite intra alliance rivalry in either *A or OW.
Yup, and we are going to get yelled at by the moderator on this one since it is a bit off topic from MU or DL, but I am not sure CX is in a position to ‘invite’ anything on this one due their current realities politically and financially. The rest of OW needs adequate feed into China especially to secondary cities. HKG and CX have limits on this count. MU (which was the last of the big 3 in China to join an alliance) is now clearly the dominant ST feed point into China puts CZ in a strange spot. DL is also now a shareholder.

Frankly, with so little service between CAN and HKG at the moment...I can see some cross market opportunities for both. It has been apparent for some time that CZ has been souring on ST, and that AA shareholding was approved by CAAC for a reason. ‘Balance’ needs to be maintained and this setup smells of it.

BenA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.