Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Last minute question... what lounge at LAX do MU business class passengers have access to? My plan right now is to chill in the DL sky club until a couple hours before the flight, check in at TBIT, and then hit up the PP Korean lounge (which I’ve been to and it isn’t great but it’s better than nothing).

OPS
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mattya9
Last minute question... what lounge at LAX do MU business class passengers have access to? My plan right now is to chill in the DL sky club until a couple hours before the flight, check in at TBIT, and then hit up the PP Korean lounge (which I’ve been to and it isn’t great but it’s better than nothing).

OPS
MU uses the Korean Air lounge. It's, as you know, terrible. I'd linger in the Sky Club as long as possible, and maybe use the PP restaurant benefit before transiting over to TBIT.

As an aside, if you have to go landside, I strongly recommend not going through security in TBIT if you can possibly help it; there's no PreCheck or CLEAR, and the premium line is a total train wreck around the evening departure bank. I typically walk over to T3 or T4, clear security there, and then use the airside connections to return to TBIT.

If you don't need to check in with MU and can print your boarding pass online, that would be highly preferable; just do passport verification at the gate to avoid the need to go landside...
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:00 pm

Ok thanks for the lounge heads up. Also for the security checkpoint heads up too. My reasoning for checking in at the ticket counter was to make sure my SM # was on my ticket when it was printed out. Tried checking in online earlier and it didn’t work for some reason.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KOTAR1988
ULDB65, Thanks! I appreciated your reply. Will let you know how it turns out.
The MU miles, MQMs and MQDs posted into my DL account just 3 days after the flights.
mattya9 likes this.

Last edited by ULDB65; Nov 27, 2018 at 6:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mot29
Thanks FSUnole03 and SouthernCanada for the lounge pointers. I do have PP so that gives me access to the KAL lounge at JFK T1 and according to the ST lounge finder, STE+ gets me into the AF lounge at T1.
Just hoping to get the MU boarding pass online so that I won't have to wait until MU opens checkin at JFK T1. I have about an 8 hour layover at JFK. Since I arrive at T4, I think I can use PP for the Wingtips Lounge before heading over to T1.
I've flown 4 MU flights in the last 2 weeks, and was able check in online for all of them, even though none were purchased through their website.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
I'm arriving on a DL flight at T3 before my 11.30am MU flight to PVG. I'm guessing that I'll have to exit T3 and make my way to TBIT either by Shuttle Bus or walking, unless there is a way to get to TBIT via airside connections after deplaning. Does anyone know which way is the best option? I won't know until T-24 tomorrow morning if I can check-in online with MU, I do already have my seat confirmed in J-class, and I have only a hand carry bag.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by audidudi
I'm arriving on a DL flight at T3 before my 11.30am MU flight to PVG. I'm guessing that I'll have to exit T3 and make my way to TBIT either by Shuttle Bus or walking, unless there is a way to get to TBIT via airside connections after deplaning. Does anyone know which way is the best option? I won't know until T-24 tomorrow morning if I can check-in online with MU, I do already have my seat confirmed in J-class, and I have only a hand carry bag.
T2-T3-TBIT are connected by an airside DL-operated bus. Unless you need to check in at the MU desk, you can simply take the bus when you arrive and are ready to change terminals.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:52 am

Anyone know which lounge to utilize flying OUT of HKG? Again, flying MU J class as a DM with PP access and AMEX Platinum card (not DL platinum).

OPS
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
So... best OTAs to book MU on at this point?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kthomas
I booked on Priceline. Then I immediately submitted a best rate guarantee to match the price on justfly.com. They refunded me $50 pretty quickly and the reservation looks good on the MU website. Flying out later tonight.
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
I’ve used Expedia for MU flights without any issue,
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I booked on Priceline. Then I immediately submitted a best rate guarantee to match the price on justfly.com. They refunded me $50 pretty quickly and the reservation looks good on the MU website. Flying out later tonight.
Priceline, JustFly and Expedia all seem marginally more expensive that directly through MU; any reason not to book directly?

I seem to recall another thread mentioning other OTAs that were likely to have lower fares, especially for business class? (TIA).
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Priceline, JustFly and Expedia all seem marginally more expensive that directly through MU; any reason not to book directly?

I seem to recall another thread mentioning other OTAs that were likely to have lower fares, especially for business class? (TIA).
For intra China trips, ctrip is very useful because they can make magic happen during irrops.
kthomas and BenA like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:15 pm

It all depends on your flights. I used Justfly yesterday as they were hundreds of dollars less than any other place for my MU flights. If there isn't any real price difference, booking direct is a good option.
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AUCLABruin
It all depends on your flights. I used Justfly yesterday as they were hundreds of dollars less than any other place for my MU flights. If there isn't any real price difference, booking direct is a good option.
Agree with this. When I booked my flights the fares looked like this:
justfly.com: $2550
Priceline: $2600
Other OTAs: $2600+
MU direct: $2950

MU was overpriced in this situation. And sites like justfly.com have a terrible reputation so it's much better to leverage their prices with a best rate guarantee from a reputable website. For example, my memory is that my ticket was supposedly refundable for a $100 fee but justfly.com would charge an additional $300 to process the refund from their T&C.
kthomas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.