Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Old Apr 4, 17, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Why you personally selected it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not it was intentionally planned in advance.
Come on. I'm not the only person who would examine alternatives and pick overnight flights because they included lay flats. Once they have my money, they can swap in the old rust bucket and I can't get my money back because the CoCs they wrote don't make any guarantee of service levels or quality. Why do you think the airlines write the CoCs and all of them provide extremely limited recourse for the buyers?
Old Apr 4, 17, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Yes it is. AFAIK all N. American routes are flown by the new 777 by MU.
Interesting his review was so poor.
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
Agreed. I have flown MU over last two years. They have vastly improved and it baffles me they reports of issues especially I ally on N. American routes. They fly their brand new 777s which still have that new plane smell. As for other the smoking issue, I haven't smelled that in quite awhile. MU has made a strong push to stop pilots/crew from smoking. However I find that I can be sat next to a person that reeks of smoke. This could happen on any carrier though. The smell is bad, but actual smoke will cause my asthma to flare. Recently no issues in flight. Will there be rule breakers? Yes. However I don't think it occurs with the frequency it's made out to be. I think people are used to smoking being common place in past years, smell the odor of smoke on people and their brains equate it to they're actually smoking.
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by DL-Don View Post
1-2-1 on both delta.com and ceair.com. Bait-and-switch.
Last minute aircraft sub. Happens often with many airlines, not just MU, and is quite common in the aviation industry. Delta does it all the time too (just think how many 757 configurations does Delta have).
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Believe what you want. If it wasn't bait-and-switch we'd see half of last minute swaps be improvements. Never seen one, not one, improvement in equipment in 5.2 million miles.
Then you must be an exception.

I've had both positive and negative last minute swaps, and plenty of them. From lie flat new 1-2-1 AA to angled horrible seats 2-3-2 on AA (bad), to from domestic 757 to 767 lie-flat on DL (good).

The good ones you've most likely just forgotten about. It's too easy to remember the bad and forget the good.
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:39 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Come on. I'm not the only person who would examine alternatives and pick overnight flights because they included lay flats. Once they have my money, they can swap in the old rust bucket and I can't get my money back because the CoCs they wrote don't make any guarantee of service levels or quality. Why do you think the airlines write the CoCs and all of them provide extremely limited recourse for the buyers?
Whether or not you're the only person who does this is irrelevant. It doesn't prove or even add any weight to your baseless speculation that the switch is pre-meditated. You're just making stuff up, plain and simple.
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:41 pm

Whether or not you're the only person who does this is irrelevant. It doesn't prove or even add any weight to your baseless speculation that the switch is pre-meditated. You're just making stuff up, plain and simple.
... and airlines are all butterflies and daffodils.
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:47 pm

+1

Airlines have better things to do than to engage in such bait and switch. Average Joe Blow, and thus 99%+ of passengers, can't even tell a difference between an A330 and 777 and couldn't care less about the specific aircraft.

And airline ops have much more important things to do, such as keep planes in the sky and flying on time.

This happens all the time with all airlines. Anyone who's flown more than a few flights will know that from first hand experience.
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Anyone who's flown more than a few flights will know that from first hand experience.
I think I prove your statement utterly false. I have clearly flown more than a few times.
Old Apr 4, 17, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Ask DL to add it for you

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie View Post
Any advice on how to get my SM into the reservation? I booked through orbitz, with my SM#, but it doesn't appear on the MU website nor is there an option to add it.
Old Apr 4, 17, 4:40 pm

I think I prove your statement utterly false. I have clearly flown more than a few times.
And you've surely had many, many aircraft substitutions over the years. Just you haven't even noticed it (if seats don't change, most usually don't notice), or it has been a positive for you rather than a negative, so you've conveniently chosen to forget about it. So will be true for anyone who's flown more than a few times.
Old Apr 4, 17, 4:56 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Thinking maybe that route doesn't have their brand new Triple-7s. As said flew JFK-PVG and it had as much as Delta and more. Had every Fast and Furious movie. Had a 'classic section'. Plus lots of new releases. Would never run out of stuff to watch.

Plus games.
Yes. It was a 77W.

In amount of movies and tv shows to choose from I stand by opinion that it has far less choices than DL's international birds and SQ/AA's 77W.

Last edited by 355F1; Apr 4, 17 at 5:02 pm
Old Apr 4, 17, 4:58 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
My review wasn't poor. Overall it was a good flight. Decent hard product and soft product was better than this website had readied me for.

Great way way to spend 80k Skymiles, for sure. ^^
Old Apr 4, 17, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Flew LAX to PVG on Feb 9, great seats, great service, did smell cigarette smoke multiple times throughout flight. All in all a good flight.
Old Apr 4, 17, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
My review wasn't poor. Overall it was a good flight. Decent hard product and soft product was better than this website had readied me for.

Great way way to spend 80k Skymiles, for sure. ^^
I meant the poster(forget if it was you) that the IFE system was terrible and had no options.

Search this Thread