Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM
So I’m currently on MU578 and we are less than an hour from Shanghai. I’ve been using the onboard WiFi for the last 3 1/2 hours and it’s worked great (albeit slow). Been able to text, check messages on FT, and even check my email. Some apps don’t work because of the slow speed but overall I’m pleased with it so far.

Side note: you don’t have to sign up before your flight to get WiFi. You can do so once they turn it on above 10,000 feet. However, they still do limit it to 100 people/flight so that’s where signing up prior to your flight could be beneficial. I guess I got lucky and/or because this is a night flight most people are sleeping.

OPS
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
China Eastern domestic flight

EDIT posted by mistake

Last edited by lucycan; Feb 24, 2019 at 3:12 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:02 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Completed LAX-PVG-BKK-PVG-LAX in business. 777-300 on the long hauls, 330-300 on the shorter flights. All in all a very good experience. I really like the hard product, better than the last D1 seats I've been in. I'm 6'6" and the the MU seats are longer so I can actually lay flat and the space where your feet go is larger than what DL has so my big feet fit. There was no smoke smell during the 4 flights and the in flight service was great. On my first flight, I was able to grab 6A, rows 6&7 are in a little cabin by themselves. They block half of those seats for gate assignment. I asked 3 times at every stage of check in and was told it was full. Finally when boarding they gave me the seat. There had to be a dozen FAs on board. Pre-flight, they came by with water or OJ, I asked for a whisky which they brought right away. They don't circulate through the cabin like we're used to between services but all you need to do is ring the button or ask for anything you want and they were happy to comply. You can ask for your meal services to be done at anytime you want. I saw them serving some folks 30-40 minutes before landing after they had slept through the initial round. The food was just fine, nothing the fave about but I eat everything - this is an airplane, not a fine dining experience. The PVG lounge is very nice, a lot of food selections downstairs with a cafeteria feel to it, grab what you want and go upstairs for the comfy seats and more quiet. In BKK, I was given a pass to the Thai lounge. I went to the KLM lounge instead, good food and empty as their flight had just departed. WiFi was very spotty on the outbound and nonexistent on the way home, no big deal as it was actually nice to be off grid for a bit. I had last flown MU 4 years ago, much improved and I would do it again without hesitation, the cheap cost and huge DL miles are a huge plus as well!
mattya9 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Completed LAX-PVG-BKK-PVG-LAX in business. 777-300 on the long hauls, 330-300 on the shorter flights. All in all a very good experience. I really like the hard product, better than the last D1 seats I've been in. I'm 6'6" and the the MU seats are longer so I can actually lay flat and the space where your feet go is larger than what DL has so my big feet fit. There was no smoke smell during the 4 flights and the in flight service was great. On my first flight, I was able to grab 6A, rows 6&7 are in a little cabin by themselves. They block half of those seats for gate assignment. I asked 3 times at every stage of check in and was told it was full. Finally when boarding they gave me the seat. There had to be a dozen FAs on board. Pre-flight, they came by with water or OJ, I asked for a whisky which they brought right away. They don't circulate through the cabin like we're used to between services but all you need to do is ring the button or ask for anything you want and they were happy to comply. You can ask for your meal services to be done at anytime you want. I saw them serving some folks 30-40 minutes before landing after they had slept through the initial round. The food was just fine, nothing the fave about but I eat everything - this is an airplane, not a fine dining experience. The PVG lounge is very nice, a lot of food selections downstairs with a cafeteria feel to it, grab what you want and go upstairs for the comfy seats and more quiet. In BKK, I was given a pass to the Thai lounge. I went to the KLM lounge instead, good food and empty as their flight had just departed. WiFi was very spotty on the outbound and nonexistent on the way home, no big deal as it was actually nice to be off grid for a bit. I had last flown MU 4 years ago, much improved and I would do it again without hesitation, the cheap cost and huge DL miles are a huge plus as well!
I second pretty much everything you said (just completed LAX-PVG-SIN-PVG-LAX) with the exception being the lounge at PVG; they need better and more food/drink options. For a "flagship" lounge it's quite sad. I understand you're not going to get anything like the Middle East carriers but they need a little improvement in that category.

OPS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.