Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Delta DM experience flying China Eastern

Old Nov 29, 18, 4:03 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mot29 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that MU was now participating in prechek, but not listed on the TSA www site? Anyone have success in getting KTN into an MU record. I was able to use the Garuda www site to get my DL ff number in and Expedia, where I booked the ticket has my KTN. But not sure that it passed to MU. Maybe will require another call and hold with the MU phone line?
Thanks.
I can't figure out how to use the Garuda site to get this done - any help would be great!
Old Nov 29, 18, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
I can't figure out how to use the Garuda site to get this done - any help would be great!
You need the ticket number -- then go to garuda-indonesia.com. On the blue bar down the right side of the page, click on My Trip. Fill in booking code/PNR and last name. I had my MU PNR but it wasn't accepted -- when it isn't you will be prompted to enter ticket number or PNR. Then enter MU ticket number beginning with 781-.
Click search and you will got lots of details on your reservation (but with a Garuda PNR).
Also, once I got the seats assigned by calling MU's US phone, the seats populated the Garuda page and also got back to the itin on expedia.com where I purchased the ticket.
Old Nov 29, 18, 4:43 pm

You need the ticket number -- then go to garuda-indonesia.com. On the blue bar down the right side of the page, click on My Trip. Fill in booking code/PNR and last name. I had my MU PNR but it wasn't accepted -- when it isn't you will be prompted to enter ticket number or PNR. Then enter MU ticket number beginning with 781-.
Click search and you will got lots of details on your reservation (but with a Garuda PNR).
Also, once I got the seats assigned by calling MU's US phone, the seats populated the Garuda page and also got back to the itin on expedia.com where I purchased the ticket.
Thanks - MU must not have it in their system yet. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old Nov 29, 18, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
This doesn't work with 006 (DL) tickets with MU flights, right? Only with MU 781 tickets I presume..
(On the MU site never works with 006 tickets, and of course doesn't work on dullta.com either to select MU seats-.)
Old Nov 30, 18, 2:46 pm

I was able to call MU for seats, 30 minute hold. Flights - LAX-PVG-BKK-PVG-LAX - Agent quickly said "you already have seats" and wanted to end the call. I was able to get her to change the ones the computer allocated. For the 777 flights, 4 of the 8 seats in rows 6&7 are being held for gate assignment, the other 4 were taken. I took row 9 on the 1 seat side. The agent also claimed she was able to enter my DL# onto the reservation. Still trying to check that out as Gardua still doesn't recognize the booking. Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 30, 18, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
I was able to call MU for seats, 30 minute hold. Flights - LAX-PVG-BKK-PVG-LAX - Agent quickly said "you already have seats" and wanted to end the call. I was able to get her to change the ones the computer allocated. For the 777 flights, 4 of the 8 seats in rows 6&7 are being held for gate assignment, the other 4 were taken. I took row 9 on the 1 seat side. The agent also claimed she was able to enter my DL# onto the reservation. Still trying to check that out as Gardua still doesn't recognize the booking. Thanks for the help.
As always, when the agent at the check-in desk is verifying your passport etc., that's when you make sure that your SkyMiles # is in the system, and that it prints out on your boarding passes!
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
OK I just had some fresh bad experience with MU's mileage upgrade. I have some leftover MU miles before I joined DL, and I called the MU line (US) to upgrade a SHA-HLD flight. It turns out to be 18k miles from Y to F, and I only had 10k in my account. The agent encouraged me to buy 8k miles on their website and try this upgrade again, which I did. And (not really) surprisingly, the second agent told me that I can only do upgrades at the MU sales desk in the airport... And in the US, this means JFK or LAX...

Anyway, just want to warn you if you have MU miles and plan to do upgrades with them.
Old Feb 10, 19, 8:43 am

Programs: DL DM
As another data point, I just flew round trip SHA-HET-HLD with MU in Y fare since it's Chinese new year.
  • ST elite+ recognition works well, although they got rid of the welcome package on board (I believe it was a pair of slippers + a bottle of water?).
  • Found a D fare bussi class ticket on the way back, upgraded with $50 (it's a 5 hour flight). It turns out MU sells J on flights with only F+Y, and you get to sit in F with less luggage allowance, pretty good deal.
  • I got a skin rash on my neck, possibly from the pillow on MU flight.
Old Feb 20, 19, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta DM
Has anyone recently used the wifi on an MU flight? I've got a mileage run LAX-PVG-SIN and back on their 777's and A330's and having wifi would be nice. But if it's anything like it is in mainland China then maybe I'm better off not getting it. I checked the website and it says it cost 258RMB. I'm flying in business class. Is it free for passengers in J? Just looking for any info in general as well. Thanks!

OPS
Old Feb 20, 19, 11:37 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by mattya9 View Post
Has anyone recently used the wifi on an MU flight? I've got a mileage run LAX-PVG-SIN and back on their 777's and A330's and having wifi would be nice. But if it's anything like it is in mainland China then maybe I'm better off not getting it. I checked the website and it says it cost 258RMB. I'm flying in business class. Is it free for passengers in J? Just looking for any info in general as well. Thanks!

OPS
It is only Recently you can use your mobile phone (in airplane mode) in mainland China flight.
From my use on personal flight with MU (China Eastern), it is NO free wifi (internet) for J class.
Old Feb 20, 19, 1:02 pm

OPS
Flying LAX-PVG in J tomorrow. Will report back
Old Feb 20, 19, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite

OPS
The instructions are inside the in-flight magazine IIRC. You enter your seat # and the last four #s of your passport. Check the compartment where the safety card is located and you'll find it there.
Xeno and mattya9 like this.
Old Feb 20, 19, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM

Flying LAX-PVG in J tomorrow. Will report back
Which flight are you on? My flight it tomorrow night (well technically Friday morning) at 0030.

OPS
Old Feb 20, 19, 6:17 pm

Which flight are you on? My flight it tomorrow night (well technically Friday morning) at 0030.

OPS
11:00
Old Feb 20, 19, 7:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I wouldn't count on any Wifi in any case.

Search this Thread