Diamond Replacement Tags

Old Apr 10, 14, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.3 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
Diamond Replacement Tags

My 2014 Diamond wires fell apart after about two weeks on the road. Lost on of my 2MM tags, but what the hey, right. Got back today an in the stack of mail was a complete replacement set of Diamond credentials. They must have had a lot of complaints, but I have to give them credit for responding with the new ones. Two tags, two wires (these seem secure), 4 more HOOU vouchers and some Ataboy cards.

It's appreciated.
Old Apr 10, 14, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Well I still haven't got my first set for 2014! Wonder whats up with that!
Old Apr 10, 14, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I, too, received a second set of DM credentials, but had not considered that this was in response to the cheezy wire cables that had been included with the first set.
Old Apr 10, 14, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Obviously this is because they've realized most Diamonds travel with a carry on and a personal item... And to get that good DM cowbell clank, you really need two pieces of metal strapped to each bag so they can knock into each other. Just like it's impossible to jingle one quarter in your pocket.

Did either of you perhaps contact DL about your packet not arriving, and they dispatched another without mentioning it?
Old Apr 11, 14, 2:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Sell them on eBay

This guy (and may others seem to do very well doing this).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Envelope-w-f...item1e84ba83c8

I guess he is selling an envelope with a DM tag enclosed. $94.95 for an envelope? The DM tag is free. What a bargain. Who would bid on a piece of tin? Perhaps someone trying to capture the "status"?
Old Apr 11, 14, 2:14 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
Obviously this is because they've realized most Diamonds travel with a carry on and a personal item... And to get that good DM cowbell clank, you really need two pieces of metal strapped to each bag so they can knock into each other. Just like it's impossible to jingle one quarter in your pocket.
The sound carries better when the DM tag rattles against my MM Tiffany bag tag. Just Saying.
Old Apr 11, 14, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kettle1 View Post
Who would bid on a piece of tin? Perhaps someone trying to capture the "status"?
Here's a possible reason . . . .

In the recent thread about pax with peanut allergies, someone suggested that, they may claim they have an allergy, just to get attention. My reply was:

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Obviously, some people luv attention more than others, but, why in the world would somebody on a plane want to claim they have a peanut allergy, if they don't have one - - JUST for the purpose of getting attention?
Then, a reply to me:

Originally Posted by LaserSailor View Post
Similar reasons why people will fly to IST over a weekend chasing airline status, just a different kind of attention.

Why do all of that when you can just buy a tag on eBay? I'm sure even an ugly guy (or gal) can be bumped up a coupl'a notches the "1 to 10 scale" with a Diamond Medallion tag hanging from their carry-on bag!

Last edited by davetravels; Apr 11, 14 at 9:23 am
Old Apr 11, 14, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy View Post
The sound carries better when the DM tag rattles against my MM Tiffany bag tag. Just Saying.
But not even close to the sound of a KM.
Old Apr 11, 14, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I haven't received my 2014 set either!
Old Apr 14, 14, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by TurfGuy View Post
My 2014 Diamond wires fell apart after about two weeks on the road. Lost on of my 2MM tags, but what the hey, right. Got back today an in the stack of mail was a complete replacement set of Diamond credentials. They must have had a lot of complaints, but I have to give them credit for responding with the new ones. Two tags, two wires (these seem secure), 4 more HOOU vouchers and some Ataboy cards.

It's appreciated.
One of my wires broke today. I had to take the one off my backpack and put it on my bag.
Old Apr 14, 14, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
I bought 100ct fire-engine red zipties for $4 online a while back and I use those to attach the tags. Never had a problem yet.
Old Apr 14, 14, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by matthew64832 View Post
I bought 100ct fire-engine red zipties for $4 online a while back and I use those to attach the tags. Never had a problem yet.
Just go to Harbor Freight Tools and get a bag for about 2 bucks.
Old Apr 14, 14, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
I've flown over 100K this year, and both the new are gone. Weirdest was the one that went and the wire stayed (return via CDG). On go my UA set until DL replaces - this isn't so much brand pride as security, right? Honestly, I fly so much just give me RFID tags and be done with it.
Old May 19, 14, 11:17 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.2MM & a bunch of other programs...
The tag on my gate-checked bag was present at DTW and absent at YYZ. It's a sad, sad day.
Old May 19, 14, 11:36 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Why do you need those tags except for the general public maybe to see if your a frequent flier?..The Delta Crews are not impressed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: