Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLL-ATL SDC/Standby advice for 4/8

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:34 am
Original Poster

FLL-ATL SDC/Standby advice for 4/8

Doing a one night trip from FLL->ATL next tuesday(4/8) for the Braves home opener. I'm going to use miles and the 10:35 and 11:45 flights are at mid level award.
The 3:45PM ticket is at Saver level so I want to purchase that. The 10:35 has 16 seats, the 11:45 has 17 seats. Between these 33 seats is there a good chance for SDC/standby for a PM? Heck I guess I could even do the 12:45 which has another 18 seats available (according to flightstats.com)
I don't want to miss out on festivities pre-game but it'd be nice to keep the extra 7500 miles in my account if possible and gamble on SDC/standby. Thoughts?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SDC unlikely, as odds of low level opening up on those other flights day of departure are very very low. Seat map is also a poor indicator (unless its packed solid) of availability. I'd think you would have a good shot at clearing standby because there are so many flights.

Did you also look at the cost of the ticket to purchase and use pay with miles to offset some of it?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
SDC unlikely, as odds of low level opening up on those other flights day of departure are very very low. Seat map is also a poor indicator (unless its packed solid) of availability. I'd think you would have a good shot at clearing standby because there are so many flights.

Did you also look at the cost of the ticket to purchase and use pay with miles to offset some of it?
Yeah PWM isn't as good of an option in this case. The price of the ticket is around $440 so even if I bite the bullet and go 32,500 miles it's still "cheaper".
I'm thinking taking my chances with standby might be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.