Wiki Posts
Search

Time to book Z fares to Europe (July)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Seemingly right over my apartment building.
got a room to rent?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
got a room to rent?
Not at present but in true HKG fashion I will use substandard construction materials to illegally subdivide my living room into 6 handy compartments almost large enough to lay down in, can I interest you in one of those?

Also, though I was serious about lots of flyovers of my building, the planes are not low. I'm not close to the airport but I am on a flight path for departures from one of the runways.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not at present but in true HKG fashion I will use substandard construction materials to illegally subdivide my living room into 6 handy compartments almost large enough to lay down in, can I interest you in one of those?

Also, though I was serious about lots of flyovers of my building, the planes are not low. I'm not close to the airport but I am on a flight path for departures from one of the runways.
Aren't there some small structures on the roof of your building that would be suitable for drinks if not an overnight guest?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I would love to find one of these cheap Z's for a UK trip in late September. Are there any guidelines on how far ahead of time they might occur? Would a Kayak price alert find one?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:07 pm
Suspended

That sounds like how things are done in the Bronx. Some sheet rock, a few 2x4's and presto, a one bedroom apartment turned into 5.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
It's back....

In fact the LAX-FRA round trip I bought earlier in the week dropped in price to $1791 (from $2042)

Called and they gave me a credit voucher for the diff.

When I did a search, BE comes up about $45 more than coach!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
for TPAC flights in J, its a phenomonal deal. Do a J search using flexible weekend travel option, SEA - HKG. Try the month of July. I see $3800 A/I, N/S. I booked this last month for a plane spotting excusrion at HKG. Now, I just have to figure out what the best plane spotting locations are at HKG.
Book a round of golf at the golf course next to the airport. I have seen hundreds of the heavies come in!! Awesome vantage point.^
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
It's back....

In fact the LAX-FRA round trip I bought earlier in the week dropped in price to $1791 (from $2042)

Why did they give you a credit voucher?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Yes, it's back. SEA-FRA for $2042 for as little as four days. 10+ days is $1750. The double miles promo makes this even sweeter. If I can get a stopover in AMS to work out, I'm going to pounce. Probably a bad idea, but how can you resist?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:35 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
UA's $1,400-$1,500 J US-EU fares are back as of a few hours ago, too.

Looks like a fare war is brewwwwwwwwin' again!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Sub-$2k USA-EUR fares are apparently back on SkyTeam - late July and through August at least.

Just pulled the trigger on a trip to Switzerland for just under $1800 AI.

However, although all my confirmation pages show a total of ~$3500 for 2 pax, my Amex authorization shows two holds for ~$3500 each and the DL.com receipt is showing $5300 total? It looks like the trip ended up booking into three different ticket numbers. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

If the higher charges end up posting, I'll be cancelling the trip...
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
Why did they give you a credit voucher?
Because I am such a nice guy?

Actually I really didn't expect anything as the free cancel period ended midnight last night (Apr 2). But without any prompting she said that she couldn't redo the ticket to get a refund but would I take a voucher for the diff ($250)?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I just booked a 6-day trip SEA-TXL for $2068. I'm happy with that. With the SEA bonuses, one can easily jump up a Medallion tier with one of these fares ex-SEA.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
It's back....

what dates?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:58 pm

what dates?
July 3 - July 24

That's longer than a typical trip, but I am doing a 500 mile bike ride in there and I don't ride so fast anymore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.