Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Check Your SkyMiles Accounts — Disappearing SkyMiles Segments

Old Mar 30, 14, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else have experience with flying flight segments on Delta and having them not show up in your account activity summary? I flew two different flights in early March that I just realized aren't in my records. If this happened to you, was it easy to resolve?
Old Mar 30, 14, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did they appear initially and disappear or did they never appear in your account at all? The thread title seems to suggest that the first situation occurred but your posts sounds like it was the second.
Old Mar 30, 14, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

One appeared and vanished. One never appeared at all.
Old Mar 30, 14, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had two of four segments from last weeks trip post, then disappear, tried Delta assist, they could not fix the problem, called Skymiles, they got the segments and MQMs to post but not the MQDs. I just sent them a follow up message on the missing $$
Old Mar 31, 14, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
Delayed posting

I flew PNS-PHL on Wednesday 3/26, and segments/miles/MDQ posted on Thursday 3/27.

I did SDC late Wednesday night for Thursday 3/27, from departing 6:20pm PHL-DSM to departing 8:15am PHL-DSM. Got seat assignments, showed up on upgrade list, checked in with original confirmation #, and even got upgraded on both flights at the gate - so obviously reservation and SkyMiles # intact.

Friday 3/28 DL AmEx miles posted, but PHL-DSM flights did not. And they still haven't posted. First time this has happened to me, such a delay in posting.

Is there something going wrong IT-wise? Is it somehow related to SDC? It does look like the ticket number changed with the SDC but all my info on it is intact. Other times I've SDC flights have posted without issue.

Curious to know if this is known glitch or ?

Thanks,
Doris

UPDATE - I tried the online "Request missing mileage" and screen popped up with correct flights but "0" credits across the board, with note the flights have been processed.

So, I called. After a couple minutes, agent was told there were "Known IT issues behind the scenes on flights from Thursday 3/27, with flights popping in and then disappearing. They're working on it, but don't know time frame but miles will be credited, hopefully within week or two."

Last edited by dorisrpas; Mar 31, 14 at 9:50 am Reason: update
Old Mar 31, 14, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
To add to this, I had 10,000 RDMs and $2,000 MQDs disappear from my account over the weekend. Called and got the same info about a technology glitch and hopefully restoring them by end of week....Great Delta.
Old Mar 31, 14, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I've been having various problems with flights posting with all zeroes, posting then disappearing, and not posting at all since the beginning of the year. Looks like we all need to be a bit more diligent about checking our accounts for the time being, which is a massive PITA if you're doing multiple segments each week...
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:16 am

Check Your Skymiles Account -- Bad Data Load

I watch my Sky Miles account like a hawk, and today noticed flights for which I had been credited a couple of weeks ago disappeared from my Sky Miles account history (everything – Skymiles, MQMs, MQDs, MQSs). I called Medallion desk and after looking up the ticket number they were finally able to get it credited. Apparently there was a bad data load at Delta so double check your accounts if you’ve had recent flights!

I asked the rep for Skymiles for the inconvenience, and he refused since he felt “no compensation was needed in this situation”. I then informed him that Delta giving me miles, then screwing up and deleting miles, and me having to call the Medallion desk for half an hour figuring out the problem did deserve compensation. Bam, 5000 Skymiles!

Thanks, Delta IT!
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:24 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The only thing strange that I'm seeing is that my AmEx spend went up by a small amount when my billing cycle is such that there's no reason for it to change.
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:32 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition.
Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL View Post
I asked the rep for Skymiles for the inconvenience, and he refused since he felt “no compensation was needed in this situation”. I then informed him that Delta giving me miles, then screwing up and deleting miles, and me having to call the Medallion desk for half an hour figuring out the problem did deserve compensation. Bam, 5000 Skymiles!
Seriously?
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:44 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The only thing strange that I'm seeing is that my AmEx spend went up by a small amount when my billing cycle is such that there's no reason for it to change.
If you're referring to the spend for the MQD waiver, it seems to update every few days. It doesn't show the current as of date on the DL homepage, but if you click My Delta or My Skymiles you should see:

Card Spend (MQD Waiver)
$xx-yyK

1. U.S. Members only
2. Current as of MMM DD YYYY
Mine shows "Current as Mar 28 2014" despite my billing cycle being in the middle of the month. I also see no issues with my miles.
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:58 am

Sorry for the duplicate thread -- looks like others are having the same problem based on the other thread running.

Note: Regarding card spend, once I hit the 25k+ waiver the "current as of" date quit updating.
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by DLdweeb View Post
Seriously?
Time is money, bro.
Old Mar 31, 14, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987 View Post
If you're referring to the spend for the MQD waiver, it seems to update every few days. It doesn't show the current as of date on the DL homepage, but if you click My Delta or My Skymiles you should see:

Mine shows "Current as Mar 28 2014" despite my billing cycle being in the middle of the month. I also see no issues with my miles.
Mine had been posting around the time my miles from it posted, which was always after the end of my billing cycle.
Old Mar 31, 14, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, former Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond, Momentum *SOAR*
I watch my Sky Miles account like a hawk,
Time is money, bro.
The same "time is money," you spend "watching like a hawk?"

I'd say you probably only have to audit your SkyMiles accounts every 45-60 days; if you are organized, and keep track of things. No need to incessantly watch the accounts, IMO.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: