Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by Often1
After all of this, it's unclear what the ad was.

Did DL glue a sticker to the bag, is there something on the bag tag itself? A separate tag? The details, rather than the emotion, matter.
Here comes the DL apologists ....

You know Often, it really DOESN'T matter. The bag is NOT Delta's property and they have NO business putting anything else on the bag then what is necessary to transport the bag safely and securely to it's destination.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
...BTW, on my flight tonight, the purser made a longish announcement aggressively hawking AmEx cards. As a paying customer, I'm not happy about being forced to listen to ads when I can't escape.
I can't stand it either -- I still try to turn off the IFE system at the beginning of flights when it comes on with advertising, even though I know you can't turn it off. Kind of like hitting the "Close" button on an elevator when you're in a hurry.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
I can't stand it either -- I still try to turn off the IFE system at the beginning of flights when it comes on with advertising, even though I know you can't turn it off. Kind of like hitting the "Close" button on an elevator when you're in a hurry.
The commercials on the IFE definitely seem out of control at times.!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Frogbone

You know Often, it really DOESN'T matter. The bag is NOT Delta's property and they have NO business putting anything else on the bag then what is necessary to transport the bag safely and securely to it's destination.
Not to mention it doesn't matter if DL holds the bag hostage and makes me wait while it sticks, hangs, glues, prints or snaps something to the bag.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At least DL didn't charge the OP a fee for putting the ad on his bag.

BTW, on my flight tonight, the purser made a longish announcement aggressively hawking AmEx cards. As a paying customer, I'm not happy about being forced to listen to ads when I can't escape.
ahh come on... they're just enhancing your knowledge about the card so you'll know which one you want
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat

WHAT else did they put on the bag????? That's what I keep coming back here to learn. The OP ranted and raved, yelling at DL for putting advertising on their bag and making it late... but no one really knows what it is? Has anyone else seen this?

I'm not saying it's okay or saying that it didn't happen. But the OP never really gave us any details. All we have to go off is:
They took the time to tag EVERY bag with an advertisement for AMEX.
If they did put an additional sticker on the bag, I would also be pretty annoyed. My bag is not DL's property and they have no right putting unnecessary items/stickers on it. A checked luggage bag tag is the only thing that should be on the luggage.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
What's a checked bag?
It's some sort of ZONE 2 thing - you wouldn't understand as you are already enjoying your per-flight refreshing beverage at that point
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by roknroll
WHAT else did they put on the bag????? That's what I keep coming back here to learn. The OP ranted and raved, yelling at DL for putting advertising on their bag and making it late... but no one really knows what it is? Has anyone else seen this?

I'm not saying it's okay or saying that it didn't happen. But the OP never really gave us any details. All we have to go off is:

They took the time to tag EVERY bag with an advertisement for AMEX.

If they did put an additional sticker on the bag, I would also be pretty annoyed. My bag is not DL's property and they have no right putting unnecessary items/stickers on it. A checked luggage bag tag is the only thing that should be on the luggage.
What else do you need to know? The bags were TAGGED, who cares if they are round, square, blue , yellow, sticker, hanging tag or otherwise.

Why do you need to get lost in the details ? Other than the bag tag to rout the bag Delta has no business putting ANYTHING else on the bag without my consent.

What's so difficult to understand about this ?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by roknroll

Originally Posted by Delta Points
It's some sort of ZONE 2 thing - you wouldn't understand as you are already enjoying your pre-flight refreshing beverage at that point
What's that ??

btw, fixed it for ya ;-)
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
What else do you need to know? The bags were TAGGED, who cares if they are round, square, blue , yellow, sticker, hanging tag or otherwise.

Why do you need to get lost in the details ? Other than the bag tag to rout the bag Delta has no business putting ANYTHING else on the bag without my consent.

What's so difficult to understand about this ?
^

The funny thing is airlines advise people to remove unneeded tags to prevent confusion in the baggage system - then they go and add something like this that is completely unnecessary?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Seat1A
wow, you had a great point to make, ranted for that long, and never got to the great point.

you mentioned everything else, but never got to the fact that it took 40 minutes to deliver the bag. you were really really irritated because the bag was slow, and the apparent reason why was obnoxious. and you ranted about everything but that......
I'm used to that timing in SEA. And some other places. Sometimes I have to check a bag, but that's great incentive to figure out how NOT to.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
In HKG the close button actually closes the elevator door.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I got them last week in SEA on my two priority bags which were already free. The tags are maybe 4"x4", shaped like a suitcase and say something like "next time this bag could be free" with a picture of the Gold Amex. They were attached with elastic string. I was more surprised than upset. Seems like a lot of effort to put these on every bag. By baggage claim every passenger has heard about the Gold Delta SkyMiles card from American Express multiple times and/or already has it.

Last edited by DLASflyer; Mar 25, 2014 at 8:25 am
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
I got them last week in SEA on my two priority bags which were already free. The tags are maybe 4"x4", shaped like a suitcase and say something like "next time this bag could be free" with a picture of the Gold Amex.
Smart. Hopefully they put it close to the yellow Priority tag that was on the DM OP's suitcase. As someone like the OP, who gets to check multiple bags for free, getting to check one bag for free would be an important benefit.

Let's count the waste. Paper. Time. Amex's money paying for this. The airport staff that has to sweep up the trash created by most people ripping it off and throwing it on the floor. All to tell the OP he could get what he already gets for free for free.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Carbon
From my bag arriving Saturday in Seattle, and yes, there was a noticeable delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.