Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rylan
They can divert to SEA for a BoB reload
No, then I'll miss my connection!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
I booked a super last minute trip to HNL and happened to be on the Dec. 18 flight. I absolutely loved the non-stop out of New York. I had flown to HNL via ATL earlier in August so I was happy to have one less flight to deal with. Some thoughts:
-The flight was pretty full but I was lucky and had the Economy Comfort row (2 seater) all to myself.
-The FA's were very friendly and kept mentioning that this was the inaugural flight.
-There weren't any Economy Comfort extras a la JFK-LAX/SFO.
-Everyone received fresh lei's once we got off the plane which was actually very nice.
-I paid $399 to upgrade to BE on the way back on 12/21. Had some issues with that because one of the DM line people told me that I had been placed on the complimentary standby upgrade list (like JFK-LAX) which was wrong per everyone one else I spoke to, which was fine.
-BE meal was pretty good to me (chicken in buerre blanc, mushroom risotto, ice cream sundae is what I remember along with the pre-landing "hot egg sandwich")
-Would love it if Delta had the non-stop year round.

Last edited by funcha; Dec 28, 2014 at 1:19 pm Reason: grammar
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just flew this weekend. Great service and convenient. Flew in "first" that is what the bp said. Menu was identical to hnl atl (even had that routing printed at the bottom with no mention of jfk). Short rib or rigatoni with sundae prepared in galley. MASSIVE breakfast sandwich before landing. Nice ride
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by funcha
I booked a super last minute trip to HNL and happened to be on the Dec. 18 flight. I absolutely loved the non-stop out of New York. I had flown to HNL via ATL earlier in August so I was happy to have one less flight to deal with. Some thoughts:
-The flight was pretty full but I was lucky and had the Economy Comfort row (2 seater) all to myself.
-The FA's were very friendly and kept mentioning that this was the inaugural flight.
-There weren't any Economy Comfort extras a la JFK-LAX/SFO.
-Everyone received fresh lei's once we got off the plane which was actually very nice.
-I paid $399 to upgrade to BE on the way back on 12/21. Had some issues with that because one of the DM line people told me that I had been placed on the complimentary standby upgrade list (like JFK-LAX) which was wrong per everyone one else I spoke to, which was fine.
-BE meal was pretty good to me (chicken in buerre blanc, mushroom risotto, ice cream sundae is what I remember along with the pre-landing "hot egg sandwich")
-Would love it if Delta had the non-stop year round.
I was on the inaugural flight as well in BE. The GAs at JFK also were wearing leis.

My additional comments are that the FAs (who were HNL-based) encouraged me to contact DL to let them know that I would use this flight in the future, they should keep it, etc.

The catering, in my opinion, was a bit of a bust. Breakfast was pretty much a normal domestic omelette, fruit, potatoes, small sausages and bread. Given that this flight was 11 hours and 4 minutes, you'd think there would be more to eat...the snacks were the normal peanuts/pretzels/biscoff, and two other things (one was some sort of brownie crunch in a bag). As I've seen on other long flights, they ran out of everything but peanuts/preztels/biscoffs in a few hours. A number of passengers made comments to each other how hungry they were, and they wish they had brought additional food on the flight.

90 minutes out, there was some turkey pastrami sandwich (I could not recognize it...the FAs said turkey, but it wasn't). I didn't like it, but was so hungry I ate it anyways.

Just prior to arrival the FAs personally thanked everyone in BE and handed out Hawaiian Host chocolates.

Aside from being hungry, I would take this flight a bit if offered year-round (or at least more than just a few weeks a year). But they need to do something about the catering. My mother-in-law arrived the same day in BE from ATL, and she had a real meal, lots of food, sundae, etc. Maybe it's a breakfast timing thing, but for 11 hours, they need to have more food/snacks in BE. Ran out of most snacks in BE only a few hours into my recent ATL-DXB-ATL flights. For BE, just lame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.