Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Dining Options Coming to DTW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
any updates on preferable dining options (and restaurant hours) at DTW? I'm connecting there for the first time in ages next week, arriving around 7:30pm and departing on the 10:30pm flight to AMS.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
any updates on preferable dining options (and restaurant hours) at DTW? I'm connecting there for the first time in ages next week, arriving around 7:30pm and departing on the 10:30pm flight to AMS.
As noted upthread, as long as you are not flying on a Saturday, most restaurants should be open until 10. The restaurants close early on Saturday due to the lack of a late evening DL flight bank. DL is also operating a reduced schedule for the week of July 4th, so they will likely close earlier that week as well.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 18, 2018 at 1:24 pm
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL GM
I've eaten at Bigalora two or three times now in DTW- it's the pizza place with the big wood burning oven near security in the middle of T1. It's been great pizza each time. Try the crispy brussel sprout pizza if you like such things- it's quite tasty.

Keith
dtwtransport likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by HornsKeith
I've eaten at Bigalora two or three times now in DTW- it's the pizza place with the big wood burning oven near security in the middle of T1. It's been great pizza each time. Try the crispy brussel sprout pizza if you like such things- it's quite tasty.

Keith
Here is a second for the Bigalora recommendation. Wood fired pizza and salad selections are quite good. The somewhat out of the way location near the TSA exit in the center of the terminal keeps this restaurant from being busier than it is, IMO.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Options aren't great:

When I have time I walk over to Potbelly (enjoy getting the steps).

Chick-fil-A is a solid option.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just a heads up that PF Chang's is closed until October 10th. I learned this last Sunday when I found their gates down and a sign posted saying this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CMK10
Just a heads up that PF Chang's is closed until October 10th. I learned this last Sunday when I found their gates down and a sign posted saying this.
And you can't use gift cards at PF Chang's at DTW either. I had a gift card and when I went to pay was told in the fine print it states they aren't accepted at Airport locations Wish I would have known, I would have rather eaten at Sora
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And you can't use gift cards at PF Chang's at DTW either. I had a gift card and when I went to pay was told in the fine print it states they aren't accepted at Airport locations Wish I would have known, I would have rather eaten at Sora
Number of chains exclude airport locations for gift cards. They generally don't use the same systems for payment processing as the chain normally does.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Number of chains exclude airport locations for gift cards. They generally don't use the same systems for payment processing as the chain normally does.
And that shouldn't be the customers problem when the logo on the card and the logo on the store say the same thing.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I had the same issue with Quizino's at LAS once.

Would be nice if they had a sign at the counter stating they don't accept gift cards before ordering.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by indufan
And that shouldn't be the customers problem when the logo on the card and the logo on the store say the same thing.
It shouldn't be, but the airport officials giving concession contracts to Host Marriott, Delaware North, etc., allow the restaurants to be declared separate from the chain(s). 'Participating restaurant' and all.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It shouldn't be, but the airport officials giving concession contracts to Host Marriott, Delaware North, etc., allow the restaurants to be declared separate from the chain(s). 'Participating restaurant' and all.
I think it's done normally as HMS, etc normally run all the restaurants at an airport. Having to deal with multiple payment/POS systems would be a pain.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's done normally as HMS, etc normally run all the restaurants at an airport. Having to deal with multiple payment/POS systems would be a pain.
But I have been able to use Max and Erma gift cards at DTW before.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:01 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
HMS manages to use starbucks' card system just fine
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pvn
HMS manages to use starbucks' card system just fine
Never said all businesses. I was replying to the comment about how airports are screwing passengers by allowing these companies to get away with this. My point is that for operators like HMS, not having multiple different payment systems is a plus.

As my original post on topic alludes to, a number of chains exclude airport locations. However, Some chains require even airport franchises to accept gift cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.